- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification Diploma
- Experience 5 – 5 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
The jobholder is responsible for ensuring all organizations events are profitable and maintaining a record of materials in inventory and on order. The Accounts Officer will constantly evaluate the cost of all inventory and ensure that it is cost correctly and depreciated in good time. He / she is also responsible for reconciling discrepancies in inventories and notifying their supervisor of irregularities.
Qualifications and Requirements
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accountancy/Business Administration/ Finance/ Management/ Economics/ Commerce/ Mathematics or related field of study from a reputable University.
- Professional qualification: CPA(K)
- Minimum of five (5) years working experience in a busy organization in a similar role.
- Proficiency in use of accounting software: QuickBooks, Sage, Pastel.
- Computer literate: Proficiency in word, Excel and power point. Holder of valid certificate of good conduct (mandatory).
- Personal Traits, Qualities and Aptitudes.
- An analytical thinker.
- Negotiation skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships.
- Commercial and business awareness.
- Deadline-orientated and an ability to stick to time constraints.
- Exhibiting a track record of honesty and reliability.
- Ability to solve complex financial issues.
- Team player and agile/proactive to learn.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Advanced mathematical skills to keep accurate records and supervise the bookkeeping of an organization.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact regularly with clients regarding sensitive topics like billing and payments.
- Attention to detail for ensuring the accuracy of a company’s records and invoices and the desire to probe further into data.
- Multitasking in order to successfully handle multiple accounts, invoices and payments at various stages of execution.
- Must be well groomed and possess excellent office etiquette.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
- Management of the company’s financial resources including; accounting, management and procurement to ensure profitable management of the resources.
- Supervision of credit control function ensuring timely debt collection.
- Processing of payments for suppliers and contractors in accordance with laid down procedures or contractual agreements.
- Reviews all invoices before they are sent by account managers and ensures that they are costed correctly
- Advises account managers on the profitability position of their sales
- Calculates commissions for all staff based on sales received
- Process payroll and all related statutory payments
- Maintains price lists of all rented items and procures as needed
- Depreciates inventory and advices on how much it should be sold when out of use
- Monitors and maintains current inventory levels, processes purchasing orders as required, tracks orders and investigates problems.
- Review accounts, client payments, credit history, and develop new or better repayment terms to avoid piling debt.
- Maintaining confidentiality of personal information that he/she may come into contact with during the course of their duties.
- Communicating with clients regarding billing, payments and processing refunds.
- Ensuring correct date, amount and product have been attached to the correct project before any payments are released.
- Records purchases, maintains database, performs physical count of inventory, and reconciles actual stock count to computer-generated reports.
- Processes and documents returns as required following established procedures.
- Preparing the monthly Profit and Loss and Balance Sheet Accounts, Annual Reports and Management Accounts e.g. annual budgets, internal accounting reports for the Director.
- Preparing weekly cash flow statements, managing cash flow, tracking and controlling company’s expenditure.
- Responding to financial inquiries by gathering and interpreting data.
- Budgeting and coming up with budget projections.
- Conducting trial audits in preparation of external audits; assist in external audits that are undertaken and ensure that appropriate measures are taken to address audit findings and recommendations.
- Ensure all transactions are properly accounted for.
- Compliance: ensure monthly and annual statutory remittances to the relevant authorities.
- Effect work related advances and carry out reconciliations.
- Receive and process all invoices, expenses forms and request for payments. Crosschecking invoices with payments and expenses to ensure accuracy.
- Ensure all accounting and financial records are up to date, well stored in a systematic and organized manner to ensure ease in retrieval and reference.
- Keep track of cash inflows by performing regular bank account reconciliations
- Learning, Growth and Development
- Update job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities: reading professional publications, maintaining professional networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for the effective performance of the role.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the position as subject of email.