- Job TypeFull Time
- Experience3 years
- Job FieldFinance / Accounting / Audit
We are a leading integrated security services provider with a major presence in Western and Nyanza regions of the country. We are looking for a detail-oriented and organized accounts assistant to join our team.
The Accounts Assistant will be responsible for supporting various accounting and financial tasks, ensuring accuracy and efficiency in daily operations. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of basic accounting principles and be proficient in relevant software.
- Generating of clients’ invoices and for prompt dispatch;
- Reconcile invoices and identify discrepancies;
- Issuing of receipts to inward funds received and inward register for cheques received and direct bankings while maintaining cheque payment register;
- Generating imprest requests and maintain up to date register on prompt surrender for monthly review;
- Posting receipts and payments cash book;
- Capturing data, maintaining primary records such as cashbooks, ledgers and registers and maintaining records for creditors and debtors;
- Maintaining cheque payments and cheque receipts register ensuring completeness, dispatch, cancelled cheques etc.;
- Maintaining Finance document movement register;
- Generating regular reports to assist management in settlements of accounts payables and prompt collection of accounts receivables;
- Assisting in processing of expenditure reallocations within the budget and,
- Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
Skills and Competence
- An undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, Business or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum of CPA II
- Computer literate in Word processing, Spreadsheets, internet.
- Practical experience in the use of an accounting software.
- Knowledge in Quick Books accounting package will be an added advantage.
- Good organization and time management skills and ability to work under pressure.
- Good communication and writing skills.
- Must have very good interpersonal skills.
- Must be a person of very high integrity.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a similar position in the public or private sector
Method of Application
If your experience and competencies match the above specifications, please send your resume and cover letter only, clearly indicating the Job Title on the subject line, and forward your application to reach us not later than 15th February, 2024 to email@example.com
Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis. Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.