- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Safety and Environment / HSE
- Rentokil Initial is a Global services company employing over 35,000 colleagues across 70 countries. The Company is at the cutting edge of technology and innovation as it strives to protect people and enhance lives, by controlling pests, improving hygiene and improving interior spaces with plants and scenting.
- We are experts in the fields we operate in, investing in training, science, innovation and technology, and affording our employees Opportunities for Growth and Development
- Listening and acting on feedback is part of our culture to support colleagues and our customers. Rentokil Initial regards equality and fairness as a fundamental right of all of its colleagues.
- We live our values of Service, Relationships and Teamwork which were identified by our colleagues across the world.
- Find out more on careers.rentokil-initial.com
Our family of businesses:
- Rentokil Pest Control is the world’s leading commercial pest control company who provide quality, diligent and friendly services to all our customers.
- We operate in over 65 countries and we are ranked in the top 3 in 63 of those.
- We are highly innovative and have leading technical and scientific expertise and our customers look to us for our knowledge and integrity.
- Although we don’t provide the most luxurious of services, this is certainly essential for all of our customers, and to make sure service happens.
- Initial Hygiene is the world’s leading hygiene services company who provide quality, diligent and friendly services to all our customers. We operate in over 40 countries and we are ranked in the top 3 in 38 of those. We produce high quality, tailored hygiene product ranges for washrooms – across all sectors and industries where our customers look to us for our knowledge and integrity
- Ambius is the world leader in providing interior landscaping services for a range of customers from boutique hotels, to shopping centres. We use planting, scenting, flowers, artwork and exterior landscaping maintenance to improve the environment for the benefit of the customer and their employees. Ambius is a global brand across North America, Europe South Africa, Sub Sahara and Australia.
- We have central support functions of Human Resources, IT, Finance, Legal and Marketing & Innovation in the Rentokil Initial Head Office locations and in country.
- You would be supporting the business in Uganda.
- A vacancy has arisen for a Pest Control Service Technician in our Kenyan business based in Nairobi. You must have a driver permit, and be able to drive.
- The purpose of this role is to deliver pest control service in your allocated territory to the area customers and to inspect, treat and keep those customer premises pest free. You are responsible for advising the client on proofing and hygiene/housekeeping matters and of instances where their pest control coverage is incomplete or inadequate, by identification of actual, or the risk of, pest infestation. You are accountable for complying with the latest Health & Safety, Environmental and Pesticide usage regulations. In addition, all Rentokil Pest Control guidelines, manuals, booklets and printed correspondence should be adhered to at all times.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include:
- Deliver pest control service to the customers effectively as instructed by your supervisor.
- Correctly recording programs and chemicals given to you and taking due care to ensure handling of chemical complies with the health and safety policies of the company.
- Uphold honesty, in particular on client’s valuables and company assets and chemicals.
- Maintain high productivity of service by ensuring to complete all allocated work in the week/month.
- Review service routing and planning and regularly update your supervisor on any proposed changes so that all customers are attended to promptly and with minimum logistical costs as possible
- Generate leads and cross selling activities by introducing our customers to new products and services available to support efforts by the sales department. You will have a sales leads target of 2 per month.
- Handle the service cards carefully to ensure they are kept clean and submitted promptly to the office after the service.
- Report promptly any Health & Safety incidents to the SHE Supervisor and senior management.
- Participate in regular in house training whenever held and any other meeting that may be convened by your supervisor or management.
- Adhere to company policies as explained by the YOU AND RENTOKIL booklet.
- Comply with Rentokil Initial work ethics and in particular health and safety requirements.
- Ensure company tools under your custody are appropriately used and are free from misuse and mishandling.
- Keep your uniform clean, and personally maintain acceptable standards of cleanliness
- Uphold to high standards of professional integrity and etiquette.
Do you have what it takes? If you want to be considered for this role you will need:
- Relevant Tertiary Education advantageous in a business field
- Driving licence, with good drving skills
- Numerical acumen
- Computer literate
- High energy levels (action orientated)
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Team player with a collaborative style
- Demonstrates the ability to take the initiative
- Highly developed communication skills (written / verbal / non-verbal)
- Ability to form strong customer relationships at all levels
- Ability to drive
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Rentokil Initial on jobs.rentokil-initial.com to apply