The Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA-Kenya) is a membership organization with over 1,100 women advocates, lawyers, and law students in Kenya committed to increasing women’s access to justice in both formal and informal justice systems in Kenya.
FIDA Kenya was established in 1985 after the 3rd UN Conference on Women. The organization’s vision is to have a society that respects and upholds women’s rights, and the mission is to promote women’s individual and collective power to claim their rights in all spheres of life. FIDA-Kenya strategically engages in advocacy interventions on local, regional and international platforms to further advance women’s rights.
We recently did a midterm review of our Strategic Plan 2018-2022 gave us some slight adjustments in our programming and operations towards achieving a society that respects and upholds women’s rights. With this, we also aim to modify our current website to reflect our growth and vision.
Our current web presence is logged in www.fidakenya.org, which has been used majorly for hosting our content for brand and programming web needs. Therefore, we intend to redesign our website to address the organization’s general, programmatic, and fundraising needs.
2.0 Scope of Consultancy
FIDA-Kenya requires the services of a competent web designer (individual or firm) to develop a new trendy and user-friendly website with a strong visual appeal. In addition, the website needs to embody FIDA-Kenya’s broad and forward-looking mandate as well as have a robust Content Management System (CMS) and CRM that can effectively manage large amounts of data and an array of file types, including embedded video, audio, photo formats, HTML and PDF.
3.0 Objectives of the Consultancy
- Redesign and revamp the existing website with FIDA-Kenya corporate theme design with the latest web trends and migration of existing pages. The new website should have at least the following sites: About us/homepage; Get involved; Stories/News Updates; Resource Center; Where We Work- Interactive map of our offices in Nairobi, Mombasa, and Kisumu; Donate; Social Media Feed; Contact us; Terms & Conditions Privacy; and Newsletter signup form.
- Ensure that the website’s layout and structure are dynamic websites and compatible across standard devices and browsers (Laptops, mobiles, and other handheld devices).
- Create and integrate a flexible and user-friendly Content Management System (CMS) – preferable WordPress.
- Ensure a consistent visual language and an advanced Photo gallery that allow the user department to publish the best quality photos on the website.
- Integrate an effective search function and ensure need-based generation of ad-hoc reports.
- Integrate a donation platform allowing individuals to donate online directly on the website and transfer funds to FIDA-Kenya’s existing merchant accounts, with information deposited in our donor database. (Mpesa, Pesapal integration.
- Develop a user guide for the website and the CMS, complete with the most common troubleshooting guidelines.
- Develop a user manual and deliver training to FIDA-Kenya Kenya staff on managing content on the new website, system maintenance, and administration.
- Develop recruitment and membership portals and integrate with the existing internal information systems.
- Following an internal appraisal process, install the website on the hosting location, and transfer all archived content from the current website into the new website (images, text, embedded video, PDFs, HTML, photo albums, etc.)
- SSL/TLS secure connection.
- One year of website technical support.
4.0 Indicative Time Frame
It is expected that the selected consultant will complete the whole assignment within 45 days from the date of engagement.
5.0 Project Deliverables
The following are the deliverables:
5.1 Site design:
- An attractive, trendy, new look-and-feel graphic layout that embodies our image and adheres to FIDA-Kenya branding specifications;
- Interactive, user-friendly, and compatible website.
- A design that allows regular improvements on look and features.
- We suggest a 6-page site but are open to recommendations that will work best.
- SSL/TLS secure connection.
- Fully functional and integrated membership and recruitment portals.
5.2 Content Management System (CMS)
- Highly user-friendly CMS, which is easy to use and robust to support emerging website technologies, preferably WordPress, but we are open to discussions during the contracting stage.
- The CMS should be dynamic and allow content to be easily updated by administrative staff without specialized web development skills;
- Ability to incorporate all our social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc.) with live update options. We insist on a live social media feed.
- A Google Translate option at least to French and Kiswahili;
- Ability to work well with search engines;
- Incorporate Google analytics
5.3 CRM (should include, but not be limited to)
- Ability to host subscription options;
- Easy to integrate with Fundraising CRM and related APIs;
- Ability to set goals for fundraising, donors, tweets, petition signatures, signups, volunteers, followers, endorsements, event RSVPs, survey responses, suggestions, and more.
5.4 Expected Profile of the Lead Consultant
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- Have a minimum of TEN (10) years’ experience as a Full Stack Web Developer with Advanced Web Application experience with modern front-end web technologies. Experience in developing websites for NGOs is highly desirable.
- Proven knowledge of website UX and Interaction design principles and ideas.
- Strong communication skills, excellent analytical and report writing skills.
- Evidence of undertaking at least three similar assignments in the last five years for corporate clients.
5.6 Documentary Evidence to Be Submitted in Support of Expression of Interest
Interested individuals or firms should submit a detailed expression of interest (technical and financial proposal):
● The technical proposal should include an interpretation of the objectives of the consultancy, a detailed methodology, and an elaborate work plan. Organization/individual capacity statement, experience and activities related to full-cycle web development, CVs of the consulting team and their roles in the achievement of the assignment; names, addresses, and telephone numbers of three professional referees.
● The financial proposal should include a detailed budget proposal inclusive of taxes and any incidental costs; a detailed profile of the firm including contact and physical address, telephone numbers, and a copy of the registration certificate, VAT, and PIN where applicable.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send their expression of interest documents (as one document in PDF format), clearly marked “EOI/07/2021: Redesigning and Revamping of the Existing FIDA-Kenya Website.” on or before Friday, 6th August 2021 to: The Executive Director, Federation of Women Lawyers (FIDA-Kenya), Amboseli Road, Off Gitanga Road, Lavington. P.O. Box 46324 – 00100, NAIROBI or Email to: email@example.com.