The United Nations Environment Programme (UNEP) is the leading global environmental authority that sets the global environmental agenda, promotes the coherent implementation of the environmental dimension of sustainable development within the United Nations system and serves as an authoritative advocate for the global environment. UNEP Ecosystems Division works with international and national partners, providing technical assistance and advisory services for the implementation of environmental policy, and strengthening the environmental management capacity of developing countries and countries with economies in transition. This assignment is located in Nairobi duty station under the overall supervision of the Chief, Administrative Services, Ecosystems Division.
- Functional review of the Administrative Services central repository, records management and filing system.
- Balancing the HR data for transparency to the Branch Heads and Division’s Leadership while ensuring confidentiality, so that each Branch/Unit can monitor the processes of their
- recruitments directly.
- Reviewing the HR dashboard on data accuracy and update.
- Reviewing/re-organisation of the Administrative and Division’s MS Teams folders.
- Reconciliation of information within the MS Teams folders and the UNEP Intranet (WeCollaborate to ensure relevant links are cross-referenced)
- Consolidation of Divisional needs for example in in procurement and related long-term plans on this.
- Provide expertise and support to the Programme Support Unit with the finalisation of the
- Division’s Dashboards including the Regional Seas MEAs as will be feasible.
- Bachelor’s degree in project management, data analytics, statistics or related field is required
- Minimum three years of work experience in programme management, specifically in data and systems analysis, or related fields is required.
- Experience in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Teams including SharePoint, One Drive and other
Microsoft Suite packages are required.
- Experience in using and/or developing dashboards is required
- Experience with finding solutions to improve efficiency is required
- Strong coordination skills are desirable