PURPOSE OF THE ROLE: To ensure the complete and effective organization and administration of Theory of Knowledge (TOK) in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP).
About the Academy
Established on a modern campus of 75 acres, 45 kilometers outside Nairobi, the M-PESA Foundation Academy is a state of the art, coeducational and fully residential
secondary International Baccalaureate World School. The Academy offers both the IB Diploma Programme and the IB Career-Related Programme, in addition we are a
candidate school for the IB Middle Years Programme. Driven by leadership, entrepreneurship, technology and innovation, the Academy serves talented buteconomically disadvantaged students with demonstrated academic and leadership potential. M-PESA Foundation Academy offers a world class, well rounded learning
environment to develop transformative leaders. The Academy places great emphasis on the holistic development of learners not just in academics but also in technology,
music, sports, the arts, outdoor pursuits and community service. Learners are exposed to the latest technology as part of the day-to-day teaching and the school
prides itself in molding future leaders and entrepreneurs. The M-PESA Foundation Academy is seeking to recruit dynamic and visionary
individuals with exceptional leadership skills, who are already experienced in the relevant International Baccalaureate programmes, to take up the following roles:
1) IBMYP Personal Project Coordinator
2) IBDP Theory of Knowledge Coordinator
Please read the job description before you apply for the position. Only those who meet the criterial set in the job description will be shortlisted for interviews.
• Introduce students to the TOK process.
• Enable students to consult the appropriate subject guide to check that their learning complies with the general requirements of TOK.
• Ensure that students are aware of and understand the concept of academic Integrity in the context of the TOK process.
• Collaborate with the Librarian to ensure that the IBDP students have been trained in study and referencing skills— and if need be run sessions in researching and study
skills in conjunction with the resource centre personel.
• Work with TOK teachers and supervisors to ensure they have a shared understanding of the responsibilities of a an IBDP educator and supervisor.
• Plan schedules for the three mandatory reflection sessions, followed by students completing the required section of the RPPF.
• Ensure that there is a TOK timeline at the beginning of DP year 1, with clear internal deadlines and agreed processes for referral and support if needed.
• Ensure that the chief librarian is fully included in the process, to support students as and when required.
• Ensure that there is a Shared understanding between TOK supervisors and students.
• Ensure that the DP students are furnished with the latest TOK guide and Assessment Criteria, including expectations for the TOK exhibition.
• Provide organizational structures that allow for three mandatory supervision (reflection) sessions.
• Introduce, explain and support the reflection process and provide supervisors and students with the general and subject-specific information on TOK.
• Ensure that the RPPF is completed and signed by the student and supervisor and submitted to the IB with the essay for assessment.
• Ensure that legal guardians and candidates understand the TOK assessment requirements of the DP.
• Liaise with the DPC in the administration, procedures and the requirements in conduct of TOK among staff and students as stipulated in the new TOK Guide.
• Supervise DP TOK Essay supervision and students’ exhibition.
• Demonstrate the ability to effectively use technology as a tool for planning and implementing instructional strategies.
• Be detail-oriented, self-motivated, inspirational, and model high standards of academic integrity.
• Should be able to lead relevant collaborative planning and reflection sessions, ensuring faculty are well guided in understanding the connections between TOK and
• Organize a safe learning environment for all students
• Provide and maintain a purposeful Learning environment modeled upon constructivism.
• Demonstrate a high level of commitment to student wellbeing.
• Ensure that his/her students exhibit a high standard of discipline and positive behavior in adherence to the Behavior for learning policy.
The Executive Head may adjust the scope of duties and responsibilities at their discretion.
How to Apply
Please send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 5th August, 2021 stating clearly on the email subject line and on your application letter reference line, which role you are applying for. Please note, only soft copy/ email applications to the address provided will be accepted. No hard copy applications will be accepted or received. Kindly include in your application copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials,
certificate of good conduct, a detailed CV, and contact details as well as names and contacts (telephone and e-mail address) of three (3) professional referees