- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification KCSE
- Experience 1 year
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Hospitality / Hotel / Restaurant
Overall Purpose of the Job
- Advert -
The main job responsibility for the waiter is to provide food and beverage service to guests at the restaurant, in meeting rooms and during events.
- Advert -
- Present menu to guests, – provide information regarding availability of food and beverage products, make food & beverage recommendations, take food and beverage orders and provide service of the same.
- Set up catering stations for meetings and events and provide services of the same.
- Prepare hot, cold, and mixed beverages for guests.
- Roll silverware, set up food stations or set up dining areas for large parties.
- Inform customers of daily specials.
- Prepare tables for meals, including setting up items such as linens, silverware, and glassware.
- Explain to guests how various menu items are prepared, describing ingredients and cooking methods.
- Stock service areas with supplies such as coffee, food, tableware, and linens.
- Remove dishes and glasses from tables or counters; take them to the pantry for cleaning.
- Perform cleaning duties, such as sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming carpet, tidying up server station, taking out trash and cleaning crockery, cutlery and glasses.
- Clean food preparation areas, facilities, or equipment.
- Fill salt, pepper, sugar, cream, condiment, and napkin containers.
- Prepare guest checks that itemize and total meal costs.
- Process customer bills or payments.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the Guest Services Supervisor.
- O level certificate and a certificate in food and beverage service.
- A minimum of one (1) years’ experience as a waiter in a busy establishment of comparable standard.
Other Desirable Attributes
- Advert -
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Pleasant personality
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to icipe – African Insect Science for Food and Health on recruit.icipe.org to apply