Supply Chain Manager Job, Latest NGO Jobs In Kenya,
- Advert -
- Advert -
Leadership and Coaching
- Provide leadership to Supply Chain Department to ensure Our Promise strategy is embedded in the Department’s annual objective and day to day work.
- Manage the performance of direct reports through performance reviews, frequent conversations and other method as appropriate. Be courageous in providing coaching or feedback for continuous performance improvement.
- Ensure that all Supply Chain staff members understand Procurement Policies, Processes, and Systems.
- Plan and coordinate departmental meetings to review status of tasks and update Senior Management Team on the progress of the departments’ functions.
- Lead monthly appropriate review meeting to address open procurement issues/performance and provide solution.
- Develop Functional Strategy aligning to Global Supply Chain Management Strategy and Regional Office priorities, in coordination with other Departmental and National Office Strategy.
- Review and finalize Annual Business Plans
- Proactively engage with suppliers, partners, local authorities, other NGOs, clusters and stakeholders to ensure good coordination and adequate information sharing, address common concerns/problems and seek solutions.
- Advert -
- Represent the SCM function on National Office Strategic Planning & Annual Business Planning process
- Represent the SCM Function in project designs and engage in Resources Acquisition & Management meetings, Partner – Sub-Grantee Meetings ensuring SCM is engaged early enough to allow professional input during planning stage.
- Prepare Procurement planning guidelines align with Global Guidelines and Planning Calendar and socialize them with all Stakeholders.
- Review the procurement planning and prepare Consolidated Annual Procurement Plan to socialize with NO Management & RSCM and develop the Sourcing Strategy.
- 5Ensure Annual Procurement Plans are quarterly reviewed with Finance and Operation, and update the Sourcing Plans accordingly.
- Determine the requirement for the Category, Market and Incumbent Supplier based on the Spend Analysis and Annual Procurement Plans.
- Execute the reviewed and approved Sourcing Strategy.
- Develop the Market Assessment and Supplier Pre-Qualification process based on the global polices and process.
- Develop the framework in managing the RFQ/RFP Process including baselines & price survey methodologies.
- Lead negotiations for the High Spend Categories and develop the negotiation strategies and contracting processes for other categories.
- Review Procurement Committee submission documents to ensure their comprehensiveness to allow an informed decision making process.
- Ensure that Strategic Sourcing process and related controls are included in the in the Partner / Sub-Grantee Assessment Tools for assessment.
Supplier Contract and Relationship Management
- Advert -
- Vet (through in-country legal) and finalize, Global Standard contracts for NO use.
- Draft & review supplier contracts for those categories where the vetted global standard contract format is not applicable, and reviews supplier recommended changes.
- Ensure that Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) are embedded for all Strategically Sourced contracts and managed.
- Resolve contract-related issues and improve T&C in contracts and the contracting process.
- Develop supplier onboarding process and supplier relationship management framework including the communication.
- Ensure all orphaned PRs waiting to be sourced are assigned to the appropriate staff and are actioned in a timely manner.
- 2Follow Procurement Polices and guidelines in Supplier Award decisions under the applicable threshold and ensure periodic review mechanism is place of the Buyers’ supplier award decisions.
- Ensure, that all gaps are identified relating to the procurement execution (Process, system usage, disputes and etc.) and update / resolve them on a timely manner.
Data Management, Analysis and Reporting
- Advert -
- Develop, track, and evaluate procurement metrics including areas of spend analytics, procure-to-pay process, operational efficiencies, and supplier performance to drive procurement strategy development and implementation
- Design and communicate SCM KPI dashboard to management.
- Conduct regular meeting with staff on KPIs to identify areas for improvement.
- 4Monitor sourcing projects progress and produce sourcing status reports to management.
- Ensure that Master Data management process is built on global guidelines, ensuring the acceptancy and completeness.
Process, Procedure and Policy
- Understand, interpret and analyze the global policies, processes and guidelines for better adoption at NO level and manage Exception Approval process.
- Drive the policy, process and guidelines implementation plan, defining roles & responsibilities and owners for each step in the SCM process.
- Ensure regularly reviews are done on the procurement policies, processes and guidelines (Source to pay (S2P), logistical, warehousing) to ensure their effectiveness and applicability and advise Regional and Global SCM Teams for possible change and /for improvement.
- 4.Advise National Offices on the acquisition and use of 3PLs and 4PLs and application of INCOTERMS.
- Ensure adherence of SCM Policies, procedures and documentation to ensure compliance with WVI & donor regulations of the implementing Partners/Sub-Grantee are being evaluated under Partner / Sub-Grantee Assessment stage and captured them under capacity development plans.
Systems Development and Implementation
- Advert -
- Maintain procedures and putting them into operation.
- Plan and execute testing and implementation of major systems.
- Ensure that databases meet user requirements.
- Liaise with programmers, applications/operational staff, IT project managers and other technical staff.
Control and Compliance
- Assess criticality of the Risks identified related to SCM & Procurement and plot them in the Risk Pyramid.
- Develop the risk mitigation plans and embed the to the processes, SoPs and guidelines for implementation and regularly evaluate control measures.
- Monitor adherence to control measures and compliance with WV supply chain policies and guidelines.
- Coordination with regulatory authorities for better understanding of the requirements and guide SCM Unit to comply and monitor the implementation.
- Investigate reported cases breach of controls, frauds, non-compliance, misappropriation of WV funds and assets related to SCM and take corrective measure as per the established NO framework.
- 6. Conduct root cause analysis for external and internal audit findings, prepare respond and the implementation plan and monitor.
- Ensure SCM Policies, procedures and internal control system is strong enough to safeguard WV funds and authorities allocated to Partners and Sub-Grantees under the partnering arrangement. Any gaps should be captured at Partner / Sub-Grantee Assessment stage and build onto capacity development plans.
Training and Capacity Building
- Coordinate, participate in, and/or train staff from Supply Chain and other WVI Departments on WVI Procurement Policies, Processes, and Systems.
- Develop Partners’ / Sub-Grantees’ capacity assessment and capacity building framework / guidelines are developed, leveraging the most recent regulatory best practices.
- Train the SCM Team and other internal stakeholder in using the framework for capacity assessment and developing capacity building plans for Partners / Sub-Grantees.
- Ensure the capacity building plans are implemented and monitored
- Participate in committee & Task forces requiring security input or guidance.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the National Director.
- University Degree in Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Engineering, or Business Administration,
- Professional qualification in CIPS
- Master’s Degree in a related field is an added advantage.
- A minimum of seven years of progressively responsible experience in procurement, contracts management, contracts administration and/or logistics, of which three (3) years of experience directly related to first-hand procurement and/or contracting is required.
- At least 5 years of experience in managing staff
LICENCE & REGISTRATION
- Demonstrated experience in designing and delivering training.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively under pressure (particularly in a crisis situation)
- Ability to communicate well in English & Swahili (verbal and written) – particularly in a crisis situationSubstantive experience working in the INGO sector dealing with multiple donor funds and meeting different donor requirements
How to Apply