Supply Chain Assistant Job, Current Supply Chain Jobs In Kenya 2023,
- Advert -
This position is responsible for supporting the administration of the procurement process, in compliance with accordance with the Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Act (PPADA), 2015 and Public Procurement and Asset Disposal Regulations (PPADR), 2020.
- Advert -
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
- Advert -
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Distribute to suppliers the tender documents, request for quotation and proposal documents, registration of suppliers documents;
- Post tender notices, tender documents, Expression of Interest and any other relevant information to the Public Procurement Information Portal (PPIP), Commission website and Information Financial Management Information System (IFMIS);
- Coordinate the receiving and opening of quotations, request for proposals and tender documents;
- Creation of new users in the PPIP portal and administer the portal on behalf of the Commission;
- Creation of suppliers in the PPIP portal and administer the portal suppliers on behalf of the Commission;
- Create payments of all pending bills in the IFMIS System;
- Preparation of draft artwork and tender notices for advertising on dailies;
- Provide secretarial services to the opening committee;
- Drafts the local purchase orders (LPO) and local service orders (LSO);
- Assist in the evaluation of tenders, quotation and proposal documents;
- Post all documentation on the IFMIS system on the receive and inspect goods and services;
- Expedite on the deliveries of goods and delivery of services;
- Assist in the inspection and acceptance of goods and services received and preparation of Inspection and Acceptance report;
- Records all goods received in the Goods Received Notes (GRN), bin card, IFMIS system and any other relevant record;
- Attach all relevant documents to support payment of suppliers vouchers;
- Receive and distribute appropriately airtime to the Commission members and staff;
- Ensure proper inventory of procured assets and boarded stores due for disposal and preparation of the reports;
- Ensure that the store is well organized to enhance easy access to goods, efficient utilization of space, and easier administration of the store operations that safety security management;
- Issue and record goods issued to users as per the requests in a timely manner to the appropriate department;
- Monitor stock levels and raise internal purchase requests for the stock replenishment;
- Receives and records invoices, delivery notes, internal requisition purchase forms, and any other relevant document on behalf of the department;
- Assist in the periodic and annual stock taking for prudent inventory management
- Assist in the development of the periodic reports for submission to the National Treasury, PPRA, Ethics and Anti- Corruption Commission on matters relating to procurement and asset disposal;
- Filing and safeguarding all procurement proceedings; and
- Implement the department risk management framework
- Advert -
- Advert -
Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Office Furniture and equipment
- Stock items
III. Decision Making / Job Influence
- Advert -
Office setting with occasional travel out of office.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management from a recognized institution.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Members of Kenya Institute of Supply Management (KISM).
- Valid practicing license from KISM.
Previous relevant work experience required.
At least 2 years of service in a comparable position from a reputable organization
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
- Meets the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution;
- Demonstrated Computer Literacy;
- Knowledge of Public Procurement and Asset Disposal legislation;
- Communication skills;
- Interpersonal skills;
- Organizational skills;
- Ability to work under pressure; and
- Ability to work well with teams.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified persons are requested to submit their applications indicating their current salary together with detailed Curriculum vitae, Copy of national ID, copies of academic and professional certificates and testimonials. Details of the positions are in the Commission website.
Upon being successful and granted an offer of employment, the successful candidate MUST present clearances and satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by providing copies of the following documents;
- A valid tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
- A valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI);
- A valid Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
- A valid Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) (Must provide certificate or report); and
- A Valid Clearance form from the Ethics and Anti-corruption Commission (EACC)
Application to be submitted in a sealed envelope clearly marked at the top “Application for the position of……” and mailed OR delivered to:
The Commission Secretary
Salaries and Remuneration Commission
Williamson House 6th Floor
4th Ngong Avenue
P.O. Box 43126 – 00100
To be received on or before 12th April, 2023.
Salaries and Remuneration Commission is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities, marginalized and minority groups who meet the job specifications are encouraged to apply. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted