Goldstar Kenya is a National Non-Governmental Health Organization established in Kenya in 2010 under the Non-Governmental Organizations Co-ordination Act (Cap 19) of 1990. It focuses on empowering communities for better health and drawing its expertise from being involved in various projects in Kenya and collaborating with diverse public and private sector partners. Goldstar Kenya aims at improving health outcomes of the communities as well as being positioned as an institution that stands for quality and results driven interventions.
Through Public-Private Partnerships, Goldstar Kenya is driving the path in new approaches for health care providers to offer in sustainable ways, high quality integrated HIV/TB prevention, care, treatment and support services. Goldstar Kenya is also contributing to improving the management of priority health conditions including Family Planning, Reproductive Health, Maternal, and Newborn Child and Adolescent Health (FP/RMNCAH), Nutrition services as well as malaria management, and addressing the growing burden of Diabetes and other non-communicable diseases.
Quality, Accessible, and Sustainable Health Services for all.
The provision of quality, integrated and sustainable health services through strategic partnerships, innovation, research and systems strengthening.
• Health Service Delivery
• Research, Knowledge Generation and Management
• Institutional Capacity Strengthening
• Technical Assistance
• Resource Mobilization
The overall objective of this consultancy is to develop a five-year Strategic Plan to ensure that GSK fulfills its mandate.
Scope of Work
The scope of work for the Consultant will include but not be limited to;
a) Review the vision and mission based on the GSK mandate.
b) Undertake stakeholder mapping and analysis.
c) Update the situation analysis of GSK operations to date.
d) Through a consultative process and application of an appropriate tool of analysis, identify current and future focus areas and refine strategic objectives and key result areas for the same.
e) Review the institutional capacity, organizational set-up, financial and administrative systems against the GSK mandate and the identified strategic objectives and key result areas; and make recommendations, identify untapped potential and make recommendations if any.
f) Refine the strategy for achieving the strategic objectives and key results.
g) Undertake organizational risk analysis and make mitigation recommendations.
h) Develop a Results and Resources Framework for the plan period.
i) Hold stakeholder meeting(s) to validate the draft Strategic plan.
j) Finalize the Strategic plan and submit it to Goldstar Kenya.
· A Five-year strategic plan including a results and resources framework
· Report on the process including stakeholder consultations and workshops.
This assignment is expected to be carried out for a period of 15 man-days.
The Consultant will report directly to Executive Director of the Goldstar Kenya. Goldstar Kenya will provide relevant background documents necessary for the assignment including, the Goldstar Kenya quarterly reports, the M&E framework and the preliminary. The TA shall be responsible for the coordination of meetings and other activities under the Consultancy.
· At least five years’ professional experience in strategic planning and management.
· Prior working experience on decentralization issues is an added advantage.
· Demonstrated experience in working with government & non-government partners and other stakeholders in public sector development programs especially in the area of capacity development.
b) Skills and Competencies
· Ability to work with minimal supervision.
· High level written and oral communications skills in English and Kiswahili.
· Must be result-oriented, a team player, exhibiting high levels of enthusiasm, tact, diplomacy and integrity.
· Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and professional skills in interacting with government and development partners.
· Skills in facilitation of stakeholder engagements/workshops.
· Evidence of having undertaken similar assignments.
· Experience in research, policy development, management and programming-related work.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their applications which should include the following:
i) Detailed Curriculum vitae
ii) Proposal for implementing the assignment.
Please quote “Strategic Plan –” on the subject line
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org to reach us not later than Thursday, 25th November 2021 at 1600hrs EAT.