The Pastry Chef is a Kitchen appointment and is responsible to the Catering Manager. S/he will work closely with the Kitchen Supervisors in the performance of his/her duties.
- Operating and managing the pastry section of the kitchen and liaising with the executive and sous chefs to ensure a successful working environment.
- Preparing ingredients and handling baking and other kitchen equipment.
- Creating pastries, baked goods, and confections, by following a set recipe.
- Developing new recipes for seasonal menus.
- Decorating pastries and desserts to ensure beautiful and tasteful presentation.
- Meeting with the Catering Manager and supervisors to discuss details and planning of custom-made desserts and pastries for special school occasions.
- Monitoring the stock of baking ingredients.
- Ordering new supplies, ingredients, and equipment for the pastry section, when needed, and within budget.
- Ensuring their section of the kitchen adheres to safety and health regulations.
- Supervising and training staff members, when needed.
Pastry Chef Requirements:
- Diploma/Certificate in food and beverage production
- Working knowledge of baking techniques and the pastry-making process
- At least three years’ experience in a high end catering establishment.
- Good knowledge in the culinary arts in Health and Safety in the Kitchen, including hygiene and sanitization.
- Valid Certificate of Good Conduct which should not be more than six months old
- Valid Food Handler Certificate
How To ApplyInterested and qualified? Go to St Andrew’s School on standrewsturi.bamboohr.com to apply