JOB LOCATION: LAIKIPIA
SALARY: KSHs 50,000.00 NET
- Assist in the planning, organizing and controlling of the day-to-day running of the food production area. To maintain operating and service standard levels, in keeping with Lodge expectations. To promote the food product, through presentation standards and guest contact, in improving the overall food image.
- Attends regular problem solving and operational meetings with Executive Chef to ensure smooth running of the department, with the aim of maintaining Lodge standards.
- Takes personal interest in staff welfare to ensure the team remains highly motivated and performs at its best under operational conditions.
- Daily inspects Kitchen areas to ensure that tidiness, correct storage, stock levels, and the highest degree of hygiene are maintained. Actions any irregularities immediately.
- Regularly attends all food stock takes and ensures accuracy and correctness.
- Do not run out of menu items for service.
- Assist in the ordering, through the Executive Chef and Manager, all food items required to produce the required menus at the standard expected and within the budgetary constraints.
- Assists in monitoring goods delivered to ensure correct items are received at the agreed quality and price.
- Liaises closely with Management and Waiters to ensure smooth running of all dining functions.
- Assists in maximising food profitability by controlling all spillage, spoilage and wastage. This is to be achieved by the use of correct storage and production of raw materials.
- Monitors portion control and maximize profitability, but never compromises on the guest value for money.
- Assists the Executive Chef in the on-going training program to improve the overall skills of the team and, hence, improve productivity and standards.
- Maintains the highest degree of personal appearance and hygiene at all times, and instils on this pride in the team.
- Is aware of all fire, safety and emergency procedures.
- Hands-on experience with various kitchen equipment (e.g. grillers and pasta
- Advanced knowledge of culinary, baking, and pastry techniques
- Leadership skills
- Ability to remain calm and undertake various tasks
- Excellent time management abilities
- Up-to-date knowledge of cooking techniques and recipes
- Good communication skills
- Planning and organizational skills
- Good Knowledge in kitchen operations
- Problem solving
- Can work on shift base i.e. Day & Night shift
- Team player
How to Apply
- If you meet the above qualifications, skills and experience send CV to email@example.com quoting the job title as the subject line.
- Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
- Candidates must be ready to work and live in a conservancy hotel in Laikipia
- Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.