- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Mombasa
- Job Field Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Duties and responsibilities
- Advert -
- Plan, organize, direct and run optimum day-to-day operations of the SWF to meet or exceed Social, Financial, Human Capital and Operational KPI’s.
- Ensure effective sale and distribution of the site’s portfolio of products (across all channels including Smart Tap, Self-Serve, Small Distributor, Large Distributor, Sola Strong and any specialty products or customer group) throughout the assigned geographical territory to achieve the budgeted daily and monthly volume and revenue sales forecast in a reliable and predictable way.
- Directly manage daily Sola Strong sales by developing and executing on sales plan that meet daily targets, generating adequate demand, ensuring payments per policy and efficient order fulfilment and optimizing route plans to minimize delivery cost and customer waiting time.
- Continuously prospect for and acquire new Sola Strong customers while developing and maintaining strong and productive long-term relationships with existing ones ensuring that customer information in Imonggo is always UpToDate.
- Ensure all customers are treated fairly and equally as regards allocation of water and any other services (first come first serve except in unique cases).
- Achieve site financial breakeven targets as defined in budget.
- Develop and maintain close and effective working relationships with the regional team and in-country support functions (including O&M, Finance and Legal).
- Manage site staff by hiring, training, coaching, mentoring, retaining, scheduling, evaluating performance and counseling employees to optimize performance of the SWF’s 7 days a week operation in an environment that respects diversity and promotes inclusion.
- Continuously communicate GivePower Kenya’s Mission and Values to staff ensuring that our Impact on the community is always top of mind.
- Own site business outcomes presenting these in weekly reviews of the site providing performance against KPI’s and proactively recommending remedial actions as required.
- Coordinate with the O&M team to ensure premises, facilities, machinery, motor vehicles and other equipment are well-maintained and run to their expected efficiency and output.
- Promote a customer-centric culture ensuring that customer issues and escalations are handled in a proactive and timely manner that leads to an exceptional customer experience.
- Develop and execute on a process that ensures sufficient quality, well-negotiated and appropriate inventory levels of supplies to meet operational requirements.
- Ensure strict and on-time Compliance with all licenses and standards (County, Quality, Insurance, SHE, etc.) mandatory for site operation as well as SOP’s, policies and procedures.
- Implement and oversee employees’ safety at work to ensuring that the site complies and adheres to Environmental, Occupational, Health and Safety regulations.
- Ensure proper maintenance, compliance and security of company assets including site, plant, equipment, vehicles and cash.
- Develop, grow, and maintain strong relationships with community leaders, key customers, government representatives, etc., to maximize our local relevance and positive brand equity.
- Execute on other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and requirements
- Advert -
- Fluency in English and Swahili.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business, commercial or related field preferred with at least 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in fast-moving consumer goods sale of water or related beverages to the general trade preferred.
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (budgeting, cash management, planning, resource allocation and human resources).
- Knowledge of safety, quality and productivity practices an added advantage.
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Office suite or equivalent) and able to learn other applications.
- Strong ability to communicate with people effectively and confidently at all levels including direct staff, colleagues, customers and influencers.
- Problem-solving skills that enable proactive identification and resolution of issues.
- Ability to effectively resolve internal conflict or with external stakeholders.
- Skills to develop positive relationships by understanding and addressing individual needs, build and work in strong teams, motivate, coach and collaborate with others.
- Ability to delegate effectively as needed while holding others accountable for outcomes.
- Strength to work under pressure from time-to-time by multi-tasking, prioritizing, making decisions or escalating for support when appropriate to meet stringent deadlines.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified?