KOKO Networks is a venture-backed technology company currently operating in Kenya and India. Our mission is to imagine and deliver technology that transforms life in the world’s fastest growing cities. We build and deploy cloud-connected “KOKO Points” inside local retail outlets, which provide mass market consumer goods in partnership with major suppliers. Our first solution is liquid ethanol cooking fuel, which offers significant cost savings and quality of life improvements in the multi-billion dollar urban cooking market. In Kenya, this solution is delivered in partnership with Vivo Energy, the operator of Shell-branded fuel infrastructure across Africa. KOKO offers a fast-paced and highly collaborative work environment with significant opportunities for professional growth. We are looking for people who share our passion for technology and our vision for global impact.Role ContextKOKO is at a high growth stage which requires that we deliver on our customer innovative experiences at a scale and pace that is unprecedented. Its an exciting time to be in KOKO as we continue to expand our services across Kenya.This position is part of HR operations for Kenya and will be tasked to design and deliver a great employee experience which empowers our employees to do great work and enables the business to scale. The teams core deliverables include on-boarding, exit management, leave management, payroll and benefits management, data management and analysis, compliance and HR frontline service delivery.Your roleWorks individually and with team to identify and eliminate any barriers to accuracy, productivity, and quality.As HR Associate, you will support development and execution of KOKO’s human resources, processes and serve as a business partner for all people-related initiatives and issues.Works in a fast-paced operational environment and employs rapid, accurate judgement in the face of ambiguity or broken processes.Manages confidential and sensitive employee information and adheres to strict data privacy standards.Responsibilities
- Responds quickly and accurately to queries from Employees via phone, web case, and chat, ultimately providing issue resolution.
- Interprets and communicates effectively as a subject matter expert in HR policies to Employees at KOKO and acts as a primary information source for them.
- Escalates broken processes and employee experiences. Continuously dives deep to find new ways to continuously improve the employee experience and speed of resolution.
- Identifies various employee-impacting issues and implements solutions and process improvements to increase employee satisfaction.
- Maintain, and manage human resource policies, systems, and processes.
- Verify payroll inputs with 100% accuracy.
- Maintains accurate, up to date employee records.
- Leverage ATS / HRIS platforms to improve employee experience, ensure data accuracy, and generate HR metrics and monthly HR dashboards.
- Ensure exit management is handled efficiently and with due care to employee experience
- University degree required, and membership with IHRM
- 3+ years of experience in Generalist HR experience
- 2+ years of experience with the backend of HRIS platforms, such as Bamboo HR, Namely, Workday, or SAP.
- Proficiency with MS Office tools and HR-related software platforms
- Analytical ability is greatly desired.
- A customer service orientation, with a proven ability to manage customer contacts in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to identify process defects, make recommendations and implement improvements.
How to ApplyKOKO is committed to gender and racial diversity in the workplace. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply!APPLY FOR THIS JOB