Senior Accountant Job, Current Accounting Jobs Kenya,
Title: Senior Accountant
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Senior Accountant is responsible for preparing Units annual budgets for recurrent and development votes; preparing quarterly expenditure forecast for the Council’s discussions; monitoring expenditure on projects and programmes on a periodic basis; and implementing proposals for raising funds; and processing commitment of funds and expenditure trends.
- Participate in the development and Implementation of sound financial policies and procedures in line with GoK and IPSAS Standards;
- Facilitate the development and implementation of sound and effective accounting systems as well as proper system of internal controls
- Ensure proper accounting for special funds, programmes and project; iv. Ensure timely and accurate preparation of budgets, implement appropriate budgetary controls, monitor and report variances. i.e. ensure proper costing of Institution’s activities;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and reports in an accurate and timely manner;
- Posting, updating and maintaining of general ledger to ensure accuracy and completeness of key accounting data and books of accounts;
- Conduct monthly bank reconciliation and ensure that all non-reconciling items are addressed in a timely manner;
- Supervise petty cash float and operation of petty cash reimbursement system; ix. Liaise with external auditors during annual audit and follow-up recommendations of internal audit findings and respond to management letters and audit queries; x. Compile tax reports/ returns, ensuring that these are submitted in a timely manner to the relevant authorities;
- Supervision, development and assessment of performance of staff under him/her; xii. Ensure timely settlement of Institution’s liabilities, checking and verifying payment vouchers;
- Ensure proper collection, accounting and reporting of Institution’s revenue;
- Perform weekly cash flow forecast and confirmation of bank balance before payments
- perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, finance/accounting, economics or related field of study from a recognized Institution
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or any other related field of study from a recognized institution will be an added advantage
- CPA-K, ACCA or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
- Member of ICPAK or relevant professional body and in good standing – Proven minimum five (5) years relevant work experience
How to apply
Candidates interested in the above position are expected to obtain and submit with their application valid copies of clearance certificates from the following: Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA), Higher Educations Loans Board (HELB), Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC), Directorate of Criminal Investigations (DCI) (certificate of good conduct) and Credit
Reference Bureau (CRB) during interview.
If you meet the criteria outline above, please send your application and attached a detailed cv, copies of National Identity card and current pay slip (certified copy), relevant copies of testimonials and certificates, your daytime contact, and contact of three (3) referees by close of business on Tuesday, 3rd August 2021 to;
NURSING COUNCIL OF KENYA
P O Box 20056-00200
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. NCK is an Equal Opportunity Employer, Youth, Women and Persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Canvassing will lead to disqualification.