Senga is a Nairobi-based technology-enabled logistics company that is transforming how goods are moved across Africa.
We are a young, agile company going after a large opportunity, and we aim to be the best technology-enabled logistics company in Africa. We are trying and testing new things which means that our environment is ambitious and unpredictable. In a young company, each of us wears many hats and contributes to multiple roles. Please consider this job description a basic set of requirements. You may at times be called upon to assist with other areas of the business as needed.
We expect each Senga member to be a key contributor to the company and to persistently aim for excellence.
Your role in our operations team
You will represent Senga to the customers whom we serve. You are a warm, knowledgeable voice who provides them an excellent experience. You are a hard worker and treat every encounter and task as if your job depends on it (it does). Our customers count on you and have full confidence in you. Our customers feel taken care of when interacting with you. You will always go the extra mile to exceed their expectations. You are flexible and build productive, trustworthy relationships with them.
- Building and maintaining relationships with both customers and transporters in order to achieve high customer service and proper transporter management
- Receiving, preparing and sending out customer quotes within the stipulated timelines
- Following proper trip management processes in order to ensure successful shipments
- Maintaining exemplary records of shipper documents and other trip details
- Participating in team activities and maintaining transparency in communication with the team by providing continuous updates
You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills to communicate internally and with customers
- You have good mathematical skills to apply to customer requests and to ad-hoc projects
- You have a high attention to detail
- You do not require supervision but know when to seek help
- You are interested in the logistics industry and in solving its challenges
- You learn and adapt quickly
- You are able to stay calm under pressure
- You will respond to customer requests within the allotted timelines
- You will identify operational issues and propose solutions
- You will accurately follow through established processes and make suggestions on improvements
- You will meet key performance targets as defined for your role
- You will be the voice of the customer
- You will be a team player and be able to collaborate with colleagues
You have an undergraduate degree or college diploma (if you attained top grades in high school but didn’t attend university, we will consider you.) You have experience in one of the following high-pressure and process-oriented industries: airlines, hospitals, or construction will be a plus.
*Please note that this role requires coverage over weekends and holidays in coordination with other team members.
How to Apply
As we grow, your efforts will be duly rewarded. As much as you will be a partner in our growth, we will be a partner in your development, too. We are building a world-class company and we can’t wait for you to join us. If we sound interesting to you, please email us a one-page CV at email@example.com. We look forward to hearing from you.
**Please send in a one-page CV together with your application; two pages at most.**
****This opening is only for candidates with experience in flight dispatch or similar at airlines, nursing or similar at hospitals, or in construction.****