- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Security / Intelligence
Royal Media Services Limited wishes to recruit suitably qualified staff for the above position. The Job holder will be responsible for the control and monitoring of all CCTV and Door Entry systems within the control room environment. They will also ensure an effective, helpful and courteous service is provided whilst maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction through the provision of a 24 hour monitoring service from the Control Room.
- Advert -
KEY ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Advert -
The Security Officer – CCTV Operations’ role will include the following:
- To operate and respond to all aspects of Control Room Operation including emergency response i.e. Fire and emergency alarm system.
- To operate, monitor, evaluate and maintain CCTV systems ensuring visual images are always to necessary standard while ensuring compliance with data protection.
- To monitor activities in and around buildings covered by CCTV and where necessary report all unauthorised activities to the appropriate agency such as the police and ensure that the action taken is recorded in the appropriate log book.
- Manage the intercoms from the entrances to the campus and offer information on the location of car parks and buildings and any information requested.
- To maintain up to date records and log books of all incidents recording the action taken as soon as possible after the event. To keep all logs up to date so that the following shift staff and CCTV Team Leaders are aware of the issue and any further action that may need to be taken.
- Manage the dedicated emergency telephones and the telephone system and be aware of emergency response procedures.
- To ensure the security of the control room is maintained at all times and that all visitors are monitored and movements recorded in the appropriate visitor’s book.
- Deal with casual visitors who will report to the Security reception area
- Monitor the Fire Alarm systems and pass on via radio or telephone any information necessary for the safety and security of the Campus.
- Report as necessary any incidents to the emergency services.
- Undertake any other duties that are necessary within the Security Control room.
- Report any failures or issues to the Head of Security.
The Key Result areas: Security, reports, customer/visitors satisfaction.
Academic and professional Experience
- Advert -
- Bachelor degree or HND from a reputable institution in Security or related field.
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience in a busy environment with Minimum of 3 experience in CCTV operations.
Skills and Competencies:
- Attention to details: Must be able to see and remember the specific details of incidents.
- Report writing
- Listening skills and good communication skills with great conversation skills
- Ability to maintain CCTV equipment is an added advantage.
- Notably high level of Emotional intelligence.
- Handles diverse modes of stress with ease
- Hands on knowledge on security management
- Ability to make quick and hard decisions
- Self-contained, reliable and adaptable person.
- Keen, alert and aware of the environment around them.
Method of Application
If you find this a good challenge and you qualify, please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Quote the code REF No. HRD/SEC/SOCO/03/2023 Closing date will be Monday 27th March, 2023