Our client is a leading private school with three branches in the Coastal Region. They seek to hire an experienced Transport Manager who will be responsible for managing the execution, direction, and coordination of all transportation matters within the organization.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
Key Roles and Responsibilities
• In charge of the day to day operations of the transport department.
• Directing activities related to dispatching, routing, and tracking of transportation vehicles
• Planning, organizing, and managing subordinate staff members to ensure work is completed and consistent with the company’s standards.
• Directing investigations to verify and resolve customer or parent complaints.
• Collaborating with staff members to formulate and implement transportation-related procedures as well as company revenue goals and customer service objectives.
• Arranging repairs and routine maintenance of transportation vehicles.
• Complying with transportation-related policies, as well as safety rules, union contracts, and government regulations.
• Promoting safe work activities by conducting safety audits, and attending company safety meetings.
• Identifying operational issues, potential problems and opportunities
• Maintains accurate administrative records
Skills & Qualifications
• Degree in Logistics, Business Management, Automotive Engineering, or related field.
• Have knowledge of the mechanics of school transport
• At least 3 years’ experience as a transportation manager in a similar industry.
• Solid knowledge of the transportation industry and logistics
• Experience working with union contracts and transportation-related government regulations.
• Critical thinking skills and knowledge of analytics.
• Experience working with transport management systems and warehouse management software, such as Freight Path and Info plus.
• Ability to work well with team members and navigate stressful situations.
• Excellent leadership skills.
• Good conflict resolution skills.
• A good driver with a valid driving license
NB: Those with a background in Automotive Service industry are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualifications and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (School Transport Manager -Mombasa) on or before September 7, 2021.