Sanergy is an award-winning social venture based in Nairobi, Kenya. We undertake three exciting lines of work:
- We provide safe, sustainable sanitation services to residents living in urban informal settlements of Nairobi and Kisumu using end-to-end non-sewered sanitation Watch here!
- We implement a circular economy model to sustainably manage sanitation and organic waste generated in Using technologies developed in-house, we upcycle the waste into insect-based protein for animal feed, organic fertilizer, and biomass fuel. We operate the largest organics recycling plant in East Africa. Watch here!
- We partner with cities to develop and deliver safe sanitation and waste management for urban residents. Using a systematic methodology, we match cities’ sanitation and waste management needs with technology and service delivery models, and then offer clear guidance on the steps that governments, funders, service providers and technology developers can take to develop and implement integrated service delivery
Operational since 2011, Sanergy serves over 140,000 urban residents with safe sanitation services every day. Sanergy collects and treats over 12,000T of waste per year, and successfully sells its agricultural end-products to farmers in over 20 counties in Kenya, who see improved yields and increased incomes. At the same time, we have built a team of over 400 employees from diverse backgrounds who solve diverse problems, but all embody the drive, creativity, teamwork, and passion that make us achieve our goals. For our work, we have been recognized by the Gates Foundation as one of the 2030 Sustainable Development Goals accelerator; by Fast Company as one of the 10 most innovative companies in the world doing social good and one of the 10 best companies in Africa, and the Food Planet Prize for our innovative circular economy approach.
About the role
The Assistant Manager – Audit, MEC & Reporting will ensure timely and accurate Month end close (MEC) to enable processing of ﬁnancial reports, overseeing adherence to internal controls and prescribed ﬁnance processes, for Sanergy’s Finance department.
- Manage the reconciliation and schedules of all balance sheet accounts & their sub-ledger accounts
- Prepare monthly ﬁnancial statements, perform monthly trend analysis on all expenses and recommend actions to resolve identiﬁed discrepancies
- Analyze ﬁnancial information, summarize ﬁnancial status of the org
- Inter-company billing and
- Grant & project fund management – In collabo with Business Development team
- Monthly COGs reconciliation & chargeback to inventory for all products
- Perform and control the full audit cycle including risk management and control management over operations’ effectiveness, ﬁnancial reliability and compliance with all applicable directives and regulations
- Coordinate periodic internal & external audits (Including Grant audits where applicable)
- Prepare and present reports that reﬂect audit’s results and document process
- Business Degree preferably in Finance or Accounting
- A minimum of CPA 2 or it’s equivalent
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in accounting with at least 2 years on AP, AR & Tax management
- Advanced excel knowledge is a MUST
- Have excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Be an excellent team player/collaborator with excellent communication skills
- Have demonstrated the ability to act decisively and resolve problems
Job Location: Nairobi
Application Deadline: 28th August 2021
Sanergy is an equal opportunity/aﬃrmative action employer. All qualiﬁed applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression. All qualiﬁed persons are encouraged to apply.
NOTE TO APPLICANTS
SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING). SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE DO NOT ASK FOR INFORMATION PERTAINING TO YOUR BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS AND ANY OTHER PERSONAL INFORMATION OUTSIDE THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
SANERGY AND FRESH LIFE