M-Pesa Africa – Senior Manager – Financial Services – (21000417)
We are pleased to announce the subject career opportunity within Commercial (M-Pesa Africa) reporting to the Commercial Director.
M-Pesa is a pioneering fintech business and global market leader in mobile money. From starting in 2007 as a convenient means by which the unbanked and underbanked can make digital payments, M-Pesa has now grown to offer >50 million active customers financial services, enterprise, merchant, and retail solutions. We are proud of our work in enabling the digital economy in our markets, and in driving financial inclusion.
The Commercial team at M-Pesa Africa works with the M-Pesa leadership across our 7 OpCos to co-create the product strategy, drive thought leadership, design new products, and features, set commercial priorities with the engineering teams, and lead business development for strategic multi-country partnership opportunities.
M-Pesa Africa is now making strides to deepen and strengthen its offering to consumers and businesses in our operating countries, making it easier for them to manage their money and get more from their limited resources. The financial services portfolio spans credit, savings, wealth management, and insurance.
Your role will be to drive the strategy creation and execution with a team of product managers across this product set. This includes ensuring co-creation with and alignment of the roadmaps with leadership in each market and maintaining customer centricity throughout. It also includes leading key partnerships to realise our objectives. The North Star for this role will include the number of active customers adopting affordable financial services and roadmap execution.
Why this role is tailored for you
You’ll lead a world-class product management team that drives innovation across the financial services portfolio.
As the head of financial services with 4+ direct reports, you will spearhead the mission will the management team.
Champion Financial Services Product Strategy:
- Spearhead the strategy to achieve M-Pesa Africa’s vision to democratise access to financial services
- Build and lead a world-class product management team that drives
- innovation across the financial services portfolio
- Champion customer-centricity across the portfolio; ensure the voice of customers across different segments is central to new product development
- Spearhead strategic partnerships to catalyse the growth of the financial services ecosystem
- Lead key negotiations to create win-win partnerships and grow the pie
Focus on execution of the Financial Services roadmap to drive revenue:
- Rally the management team and other product creation colleagues to unblock issues and drive timely results
- Support the resolution of regulatory blockers to drive regulatory approvals for product releases
- Drive a relentless focus on the feedback loop and performance to refine platform capabilities, product offerings, and the execution approach
Build “trusted advisor” relationship with M-Pesa markets:
- Establish strong relationships with the management and working teams across markets, built on trust
- Drive the convening and sharing of best practices between markets to ensure co-creation through the product lifecycle and alignment on the vision of ONE M-Pesa across markets
- Bachelor’s degree required, an MBA or master’s degree (Finance) in a related field preferred
- Over 15 years of professional experience in Financial Services Product management especially within Agile methodologies.
- Strong knowledge of mobile money, fintech, and financial services
- Demonstrated C-Suite level influencing and negotiation skills
- Analytical bent of mind, a structured thinker with strong business acumen
- Leading a multi-cultural team
- Understanding of financial services/ mobile regulatory environment across Africa
What you can expect from us
- We believe in a fair and robust interview process
- We have a robust flexible total reward scheme
- Dedicated support and mentoring/coaching
- Opportunity to develop and progress – plus a solid dedication to work-life integration. It all means you’ll have everything you need to advance your career and achieve your full potential.
Note to Applicants
As part of our recruitment process, we will request the below documentation which will be required as soft copies at a later stage of the process.
- An updated CV with a confirmation of three referees- 2 must be professional and must have supervised you at some point, the other referee can be a colleague in the same professional field. If the referees are within the same organization that you are working with, you will need to confirm to us that it’s okay to contact them in writing (via email). This also includes all references within the Human Resources department.
- Scanned copy of certificate of good conduct from the CID (Less than 1 year old) – Applicable to Kenyans Only
- Scanned copy of certificate from Credit Reference Bureau (CRB) – Applicable to Kenyans Only
- Scanned copy of University Certificate
- Scanned copy of your National ID / Passport-Legal Form of Identification
How to Apply
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, kindly proceed to update your candidate profile on the recruitment portal and then Click on the apply button. Remember to attach your updated resume.
Persons with Disabilities (PwD) and Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.