Registered Nurse Job, Current Nursing Jobs In Kenya,
- Advert -
- Advert -
Reporting to the facility in-charge, the nurse will oversee the implementation of HIV care activities in the Prevention of Mother to Child Transmission (PMTCT) services integration in the health facility assigned.
- Support ANC, PNC, and Maternity HIV testing services.
- Ensure ART uptake among HIV infected pregnant/lactating women.
- Ensure viral suppression among PMTCT women.
- Oversee the provision of early infant diagnosis, care and follow-up of HIV-exposed infants.
- Ensure follow-up and retention of HIV-infected pregnant/lactating women and HIV-exposed infants (HEI) by use of the case management model.
- Strengthen linkages between PMTCT and HEI services and Comprehensive Care Clinics.
- Strengthen facility-community/community-facility linkages with the help of CHVs and case managers.
- Supervise eMTCT services provided by the maternal case managers.
- Work hand in hand with the clinical officers to implement patients Plan of Care.
- Perform TB intensified case finding for PLHIV on every clinical encounter.
- Initiate TB Preventive Therapy (TPT) for the eligible PLHIV
- Ensure 12 month/24 month HEI Cohort Analysis (HCA), PCR positive validation, and audits and PMTCT reports are done each month.
- Participate in MNCH Working Improvement Teams (WITS) and initiate CQI projects on gaps identified.
- Participate in MNCH in generation, compilation, and utilization of PMTCT data.
- Participate in Continous Professional development as required by nursing council.
- Perform any other duty as maybe assigned by the organization.
- Advert -
- Diploma in any of the following disciplines: Kenya Registered Community Health Nursing, Kenya Registered Nursing, Kenya Registered Midwifery, Kenya Registered Nursing/Midwifery or Kenya Registered Nursing/Mental Health and Psychiatry from a recognized institution
- Registration Certificate issued by the Nursing Council of Kenya
- Valid practicing license from Nursing Council of Kenya
- Certificate in computer application skills from a recognized institution.
- NASCOP Certification in Provision of both adult and pediatric ART, and PMCT is an added advantage
- Two (2) years’ experience, 1 year of which should be within a busy HIV Comprehensive Care Centre and/or in the provision of PMTCT services.
- Demonstrable knowledge of HIV/ART management, diagnosis and treatment procedures of conditions associated with HIV, adherence support and PMTCT service delivery.
How to Apply
Kindly send your application that includes a cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to CIHEBKENYA_Recruitment@cihebkenya.org on or before 16th May 2023. Applicants are advised to include the title on the subject line.The Centre for International Health, Education and Biosecurity (Ciheb) — Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.