Python Software Engineer Job, IT Job Vacancies In Kenya,
Position Title: Python Software Engineer
Arifu, a high-growth EdTech company in Nairobi, is looking to hire a Python Software Engineer to help in scaling Arifu to realize our bold vision of placing a smart personal learning assistant in the hands of those with the greatest need for information and opportunity globally. This is a full-time remote position.
As a member of our Software Engineering Team, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You will be required to apply your deep knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders daily to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You will work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The Software Engineer will be responsible for:
- Platform-wide improvements to the existing modules and new modules.
- Leading and supporting product builds (depending on ability and interest) such as our Android app, Messenger and third-party chat integration, adaptive learning engine, predictive analytics, gamification, partner API. ● Dreaming up powerful new features that will improve the lives of our learners and create more value for partners.
- Learning from live AB tests and internal analytics to upgrade features based on solid evidence. ● Keeping up with the essentials: testing, bug fixes, deployment, and documentation.
- Write clean, scalable, and testable code to be run on large Hadoop and Spark clusters.
- Contribute to design and architecture of the product(s).
- Participate in maintenance of the core product(s) and support customers.
A desire to impact lives, the ability to make a long-term commitment to your team and the product, and exceptional problem-solving abilities are all essential prerequisites on the Arifu team. For this role, we are also looking for someone with the following:
- 3 – 5+ years of professional experience in software development after completing an undergraduate degree. ● Minimum bachelor’s degree in CS, IT, or numerate science field (Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics). ● Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability in Python.
- Should also be intimately familiar with Flask, MySQL, and PostgreSQL.
- Demonstrated ability in two or more NoSQL tools, such as Solr or Elasticsearch, MongoDB, DynamoDB, and/or Redis.
- Experience in Big Data technologies and utilities (Hadoop, Spark SQL, Hive, Impala, Pig, Kafka). ● Working experience in software development, OOPS, SDLC.
- Good to have knowledge of AWS/Cloud.
- Ability to get things done. We are all super ambitious and the road to greatness is paved with many lines of code. ● Ability to enjoy (and survive) the chaos of a high-growth tech company.
- Contribute to a collaborative and dynamic team which works across time zones.
How to apply
Send your CV and cover letter (in Word format) to email@example.com by 31 July 2021. The naming convention is “FirstName LastName Software Engineer – Python” with “Software Engineer – Python – Arifu” as the subject. Tell us what excites you about this role. If we see a good fit, we will get back to you to set up a first conversation. Ladies are highly encouraged to apply.