- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 1 year
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Law / Legal
To provide legal advice and procedural support to the organization on issues relating to and affecting displaced persons as well as administrative legal matters in an effective and efficient manner.
- Attend to clients at the legal aid clinic and assess cases for intervention.
- Seek access to clients in detention, ascertaining the conditions under which such clients are being detained, and provide them with appropriate legal and other assistance in accordance with RCK policy.
- Prepare legal briefs and studies on a variety of legal issues and instruments.
- Provide legal representation to refugees especially unaccompanied and separated minors, GBV survivors in court, in police stations and child protection cases.
- Prepare responses to enquiries on legal issues on laws relating to refugees and other forced migrants from RCK staff, governments, inter-governmental organizations, institutions, and the public.
- Participate in capacity building of RCK’s stakeholders in relation to domestic and international laws that relate to refugees and other forced migrants.
- Develop and maintain a database of and relations with internal /external referral partners.
- Update and manage the client databases.
- Prepare monthly reports and donor related reports within schedule.
- Support the development of proposal for fundraising for program work.
- Assist in coordination and carry out program budgetary and administrative tasks.
- Such other duties temporarily or on a continuing basis, as may reasonably be required, commensurate with your grade.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelors degree in Law
- Advocate of the High Court of Kenya with a current practicing certificate.
- At least one-year experience in civil and criminal litigation.
- Experience working with an NGO/Humanitarian field is an added advantage.
- Knowledge of the Kenyan Legal system and of regional & international instruments on refugees and human rights.
Method of Application
To submit your application, send a cover letter along with a detailed Curriculum Vitae indicating expected salary, 3 professional referees including your last supervisor and their email contacts. Send your application to:
The Recruitment Committee,
Subject Line: “Application for a Project Officer- Legal Kakuma”
Deadline: Friday, 28th July, 2023.
Only successful candidates will be contacted. RCK is an equal opportunity employer