- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Internships / Volunteering , Procurement / Store-keeping / Supply Chain
You are a multi-tasker and are able to work independently, performing a wide range of complex and confidential administrative duties to support your team. You communicate well with all contacts, anticipate and resolve issues, and update the team on your various projects
- Advert -
What is in it for you:
- Advert -
- Learning programs through our Academies and the opportunity to earn qualifications while on internship
- Opportunity to develop your talent and grow within your property and across the world!
- Ability to make a difference in the local community through our Corporate Social Responsibility activities, like Planet 21
What you will be doing:
- Check the system daily and complete all administrative procedures concerning allocated received requests and orders.
- Check queries and request clarifications or any concerns regarding received purchase request data, descriptions, units, quantities and specifications.
- Request and negotiate best price quotations, ensuring best quality for all received orders and forward same for approval, while ensuring the best delivery schedule.
- Handle timely the daily market list, allocating orders, checking new items included for price and availability, ensuring approvals for onward vendor order confirmation.
- Check and ensure that all approved and authorized purchase orders are timely forwarded (faxed or delivered) to the concerned vendors.
- Verify and follow up on all pending orders (approved and under approval) through system reports and / or by reporting any concern.
- Investigate and clarify price, quantity and quality discrepancies with the approved order being reported upon delivery by the vendors.
- Review and update all personally entered (locked) price quotations, quote validity and supplier’s data in the system.
- Assist with any other procurement projects and duties as requested
Your experience and skills include:
- Ability to develop and build relationships, utilize skills appropriately.
- Ability to process information and merchandise through computer system.
- Ability to maintain a fair, consistent set of standards as they apply to work force.
- Ability to adjust priorities and manage time wisely in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate in a clear, concise, understandable manner, and listen attentively to other colleagues.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, organization and follow-through skills.
- Possibility of making a study agreement of at least 3 months
Method of Application
Interested and qualified?