Job Title: Pharmaceutical Technologists
Industry: Health Care
Location: Westlands, Nairobi.
Description of the Company: Our client is a startup clinic facility seeking highly motivated, responsible and personable individuals. The job holder will be responsible for ensuring accurate dispensing, patient counselling and proper handling of pharmaceutical supplies for all orders and to provide effective pharmaceutical services to meet patients’ needs.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Scrutinize Patients Treatment Sheets and prescriptions for suitability of prescribed drugs in relation to dosing accuracy, drug interaction and route of administration.
- Provide drug information to patients, clinical officer, nurse and other medical staff.
- Timely and accurate posting of dispensed drugs for billing purposes.
- Place orders for stock replenishment to the pharmacy store to maintain optimal stock levels.
- Participate in regular monitoring of drugs for expiry
- Compounding, re-packaging and dilution of drugs according to laid down guidelines.
- Counsel patients appropriately to ensure adherence to drug therapy.
- Participate in stock taking exercise and ensure timely explanation of stock variances.
- Train and supervise pharmaceutical technologists’ interns.
- Enter prescription orders into the computer and making labels appropriately.
- Prepare periodic management reports.
- Receive drugs and verify against the stock transfer printout.
- Perform stock count and stock movement analysis.
- Shelving of items appropriately.
Key Skills & Qualifications
- Diploma in Pharmaceutical Technology from a recognized institution
- KCSE C plain
- Registered with Pharmacy & Poisons Board with a valid professional practicing license as per the provision of Pharmacy and Poisons Act (Cap 244)
- 3 years relevant work experience
- Conversant with a Health Management System as an added advantage Excellent knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel and Word)
- Strong communication and people skills
- Customer service orientation
What to expect as an employee;
- 1-year contract, renewable / Structured Locum
- Gross Salary: Kes. 30,000 – 50,000
- Inpatient Medical Cover
- 21 days’ annual leave
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates to send their resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org latest by Wednesday 26th January 2022.
Indicate email subject as Pharmaceutical Technologists.