Part Time Swimming Coach Job, Latest Teaching Jobs In Kenya,
- Advert -
- Advert -
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Part-time Swimming Coach to teach swimming at our Eldoret Boys and Girls High Schools. The successful candidate should be willing and ready to start in April.
You will be responsible for delivering an exceptional 21st Century learning experience for our students and coaching them to succeed in swimming. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
Disclaimer: Nova Pioneer does not charge any fee to process your application.
- Advert -
ABOUT NOVA PIONEER
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorizing content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future, we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, inquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation, and collaboration. Nova Pioneer currently has 14 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.
- Advert -
- Work with the Dean of Residential Life to create a vision for the swimming program and invest stakeholders in the vision.
- Oversee the in-house and regional swimming relationships and ensure the school is scheduled for all competitions.
- Create new and support existing partnering by reaching out to schools and other relevant places to seek friendlies and other joint events.
- Ensure appropriate preparation and management of all competitions and matches.
- Develop a strong school team to represent the school in competitions.
- Develop a training program for all the training sessions in accordance with the school guidelines.
- Coach and instruct swimmers individually or as a group regarding the rules, regulations, equipment, and techniques of the sport.
- Work with the Dean of Residential Life to procure all needed swimming equipment.
- Ensure attendance is taken at the beginning and the end of the training sessions.
- Hold coaching sessions with swimmers throughout the academic day and residential evening.
- Ability to coach multiple sports ( could include sports such as: basketball, football) and help with contributing to the development of enrichment and residential experiences for students.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order to prevent injuries and damage.
- Observing, assessing, and recording students’ performance, giving appropriate feedback, and maintaining records of pupils’ progress and development for the school leadership and parents.
- Providing or contributing to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual students or groups of students.
- Monitor the academic performance of the players and always ensure high standards are met.
- Providing pastoral care and support to students, providing them with a secure environment to learn.
- Ensure simple first aid procedures are done to injured students during sporting activities.
- Provide consistent rewards and/ or consequences for student behavior.
- Consistently meet the ambitious goals of a rapidly growing organization.
Skills and Qualifications
- Advert -
- You have 1 – 3 years of experience in a similar position working with teenagers.
- You have basic refereeing skills. At least FIBA level 1 and Coaching Certifications.
- You have a Swimming Life Saver Certification.
- A relevant degree in Physical Education or Sports/ Recreational Science is desirable.
- A post graduate diploma in Sports/ Recreational Science can be considered.
- You possess effective coaching techniques and skills. You possess adequate knowledge of the rules, regulations, strategies, and techniques of the sport.
- You are able to communicate fluently- verbally and in writing in English. You are able to effectively present information and respond effectively to questions in one-on-one, small group situations to students and other school staff. You are able to verbally respond to common inquiries from students.
- You are knowledgeable in a variety of sports and athletic programs. A proven track record of implementing successful athletic programs is highly desirable.
- You have excellent interpersonal skills and are able to build relationships with stakeholders
- You are flexible and open to change – you handle uncertainty, complexity and ambiguity well.
- You are a problem solver – you are proactive in identifying issues and address these thoroughly by making an effort to find appropriate solutions.
- You are excited about our organizational culture—and in particular, you are fired up to challenge yourself by embracing mutual vulnerability and a firehose of feedback.
- You have a desire to further develop your leadership skills and apply them to transform the lives of African youth.
How to Apply
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply here Now!
- Advert -
To apply, please complete the form on the right-hand side of this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Please note: You are encouraged to attach your resume in PDF format to protect formatting.
There are a series of stages in the Nova Pioneer interview process and candidates will be moved forward in the process depending on their success in the previous stage. The process is as follows:
- Phone interview: a short conversation to understand your skills and experience a little better.
- Practical demonstration of what you can do: you will complete a written task or a demonstration related to the role you are applying for. Teachers participate in a half-day selection day at one of our campuses as well as deliver a lesson to a class.
- In-person interviews: at this point, you will visit one of our schools to meet the team and participate in a series of in-person interviews.
- Final interview: you’ll have a final conversation with the hiring manager before decisions are made.
WORKING AT NOVA PIONEER
Nova Pioneer is a place where our people experience tremendous growth, fast! We invest heavily in the growth of our people because it leads to greater mastery in both us and our students. “Novaneers” work harder and work longer hours than most schools but as a result, the growth they experience is extraordinary. We offer consistent and ongoing personal development and provide clear career pathways that ensure that our people are always achieving their personal and professional best. Nova Pioneer has a highly energetic, entrepreneurial environment where our people get to bring their creative and innovative ideas to life. We look for people who are flexible and who are able to adapt and respond quickly to adversity with a positive, can-do attitude (there are no problems, only solutions!). We welcome challenges and roll with the punches because it makes us, and our students, better. There is no problem too big for us! We bring infectious energy and enthusiasm to everything we do because joy fuels our work and learning. Read more about our culture principles here.
Nova Pioneer will never request an application fee from candidates. If you are contacted with a request to pay a fee from someone claiming to be a Nova Pioneer Talent or Recruitment representative, please do not pay them and report it to us immediately on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.