The Human Resource Manager will be both a strategic and hands-on team member who will provide comprehensive HR support to all our employees; his position will collaborate frequently with a fun, passionate, dynamic and fast-growing team in our various strategic business units. By creating and executing our people initiatives, this critical role will assist in creating a mission-driven culture, ensure all employees have the opportunity to thrive and will ensure all the company objectives are met. The successful candidate will possess a trustworthy personality capable of protecting the company while supporting all staff members.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Evaluate the organization’s future workforce needs in order to recommend changes to the organization’s human resource strategy and adapt existing current human resource programs to meet these needs.
- Lead the recruitment effort through creating job descriptions, posting jobs, providing guidance and input on workforce planning and succession planning, supporting internal training and development plans.
- Ensure visibility and reiteration of our mission and values during recruitment onboarding and ongoing employee communications.
- Foster a strong desire to succeed through actively managing performance, attracting new and developing existing talents.
- Provide for all HR Admin and HR Advice duties in line with local agreements, legislation, and compliance.
- HR Business Partnership by liaising with departmental managers to develop and implement human resource strategies that are appropriate for the business needs, but consistent with the organization’s overall human resource strategy.
- Provide coaching, training, advice and guidance on all aspects of people management, including legislation, change management, performance management, human relations and continuous professional development, encouraging a value-driven and people focused management style and organization culture.
- Maintain payroll information by collecting, calculating and capturing data while ensuring the timely preparation of payroll. Manages end-to-end reporting processes. Ensure that statutory reports such as PAYE, NSSF, etc., are remitted within set deadlines.
- Keep up to date with all employment laws. Ensure that the team understands and complies with compliance requirements, create actions to address gaps.
- Provide advice, assistance and follow-up on HR policies, procedures and documentation. Help teams and individuals develop goals, objectives and feedback loops. Work closely with management and team members to improve work relations, build morale and increase productivity and retention.
- Assist in designing compensation plans that provide competitive wages and benefits. Monitor headcount and employment cost on a regular basis, identifying areas of opportunity in terms of optimization. Partner with finance department to ensure headcount, employment costs and budget is accurate.
- Understand the needs of the business, build and sustain collaborative relationships and trust at all levels of the organization acting as a trusted link between staff and management.
- Work with the leadership team, consider current and future business plans for expansion and ensure that HR processes and systems are scalable. Review and make recommendations on the organization’s structure as well as participate in the development and implementation of the change plans.
- Act as an ambassador and guardian of the company culture and values.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Preferred Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources from a recognized & reputable university.
- A post graduate diploma in Human Resource Management will be a plus.
- Must be certified Human Resource Professional certification-CHRP and also be a member of IHRM.
- 7 years’ experience working in Human Resources in a supervisory level.
- Computer proficiency, e.g., keyboard experience, email, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, HRIS systems.
- Knowledge of local employment
- Experience with interviewing, orientation, training and/or supervision of employees.
- Strong background in developing and implementing HR strategy, talent planning (recruitment, career management and succession planning), organizational design, workforce planning, talent acquisition.
- Attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to handle multiple demands, work under time pressures and meet deadlines.
- Conflict resolution and crisis management
Interpersonal and leadership skills:
- A strategic thinker and a person who understands business management through people.
- Excellent reporting and interpersonal
- Excellent organizational and People management
- Ability to lead and work as part of a
- Ability to be flexible, adaptable and follow
- Ability to make decisions and use initiative and be
How to Apply
If you believe you have high performance culture, positive mental attitude and are self-driven, then apply using the following link; https://optivenjobapi.optiven.co.ke/optivenJobAPI/public/ on or before 16th September 2022.
- We do not charge for job applications and interviews.
- Shortlisting will be done on rolling basis.
- Due to the huge number of applications we get, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualificatio