Title: Operations Manager,
- Advert -
Industry: Social Enterprise,
- Advert -
Location: Nairobi Kenya (with frequent travel across the country),
Reports to: Director of Operations,
Contract Type: 1 year,
- Advert -
Gross Salary: Ksh 100k – 120k,
|Our client is in the social enterprise industry and they are seeking to hire an Operations Manager who will be responsible for managing and coordinating the day-to-day operational activities in a timely, appropriate, and cost-effective manner with the support of field coordinators. They will be managing all field coordinators assigned to you by ensuring that they carry out quality work. They will be responsible for improving field Operations procedures, processes, and best practices and be responsible for improving field Operations procedures, processes, and best practices. The role in the organization will be entrepreneurial, mission-driven, and meaningful. Their work will directly contribute to ensuring millions of students across Kenya get safe drinking water.|
- Advert -
- Maintain constant communication with field coordinators to ensure proper operations of the company
- Support and work with field coordinators to ensure;
- All products are prepared and dispatched to field agents in a timely and effective manner
- All unused materials are returned and received from the field agents accordingly
- Timely liaison and coordination with sub-county education officers to align on distribution dates and locations of products.
- Coordination of dispatch, distribution, and collection of products from sub-county education offices.
- All products get to schools safely and none is lost.
- Daily and constant communication with field agents to ensure they are carrying out quality work and remain motivated.
- Coordination and planning of field agents’ school visits accordingly to ensure field agents are carrying out timely work.
- Coordination with People Operations to ensure we have optimal numbers of field agents.
- Coordination with the Social Behaviour change team to monitor field agents’ work
- Supervision of field coordinators work by;
- Reviewing their daily activities with relation to field agents and spot-checking on field agents through random calls or other avenues.
- Reviewing their field reports.
- Accompanying them during field supervision visits.
- Monitoring of field agents’ work through thorough data review and conducting field supervision visits to identify areas of improvement and retraining.
- Training of field agents on Operation processes, data collection and best practices
- Coming up with procedures and systems to ensure field agents are retrained on areas where gaps and weaknesses have been noted.
- Reviewing and signing off on Field Coordinators’ requisitions to ensure teams stick to budgets and there is no over-expenditure or fraud.
- Be in charge of improving field operations processes, systems and best practices by increasing their efficiency and effectiveness.
- Management and Preparation of monthly budgets and forecasts
- Formulate quarterly strategies and objectives for your team as well as monitor and review of the same.
- Recruit, train, and supervise Field coordinators.
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.
- 2 or more years of proven work experience as an Operations manager or similar role.
- 2 or more years experience in fieldwork and willingness to travel to the field for extended periods.
- Strong people management and organizational skills.
- Strong leadership, active listening, social, writing, and presentation skills
- Experience in data review
- Strong personal and professional judgment, which are invaluable skills for a role that makes hiring decisions as well as in finding the best solution to organizational dilemmas
- Ability to think and work at scale.
- Excellent ability to delegate tasks while maintaining organizational control
- A high level of integrity
- A great team player and communicator
- Experience using CRM’s software such as Salesforce and mobile data collection forms such as taro works is a plus
How to Apply
- Advert -
If you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Operations Manager – Social Enterprises) to firstname.lastname@example.org before 17th May 2023.