We are looking for a Head of Operations to oversee daily activities across functions such as finance, IT, sales, marketing, property and regulatory compliance.
This candidate should be a responsible leader with an analytical and strategic mind and have a broad knowledge in real estate.
Manage the day-to-day operations in accordance with company policies and standards to maximize profitability and efficiency.
Key responsibilities of the role are as follows:
- Develop strategic goals which will help make a significant impact on the growth of the company.
- Ensure operational costs are kept to a minimum
- Assist in fine-tuning operational methods for the departments while improving the overall efficiency of the departments.
- Equip the new joiners with the knowledge, practical skills to carry out the day-to-day work-related tasks.
- Develop training calendar and training methods which will determine information on various strategic action plans and reviews for the departments,
- Develop policies and procedures for implementing quality and customer-service standards
- Supervise the sales and customer service department and ensure that they adhere to the company policies and procedures.
- Conduct operational audits and ensure processes are in compliance with corporate policy.
- Prepare operational reports for the board.
- Work effectively with the heads of departments to implement various cost-effective policies and procedures and help maximize the revenues thus enhancing the profitability of the company.
- Liaise with the regulatory and governing bodies like Land, city-county government to ensure that all the revenue-generating departments adhere to the set legal framework governing the real estate laws of Kenya.
- Manage and implement new IT and Technical systems and software which can help improve the efficiency of the business by reducing the turnaround time to deliver business.
- Proactively strive to have an in-depth understanding and keep abreast of the new laws and regulations of the local and international property market and being aware of the current legal issues of the country specifically pertaining to the property law.
- Implement necessary checks and balance to mitigate operational risks across all departments and to ensure the best interest of the company.
- Ensure alignment of the depart
- Ensure all operations are carried on in an appropriate, cost-effective way
- Improve operational management systems, processes and best practices
- Coordinate customer service operations and find ways to ensure customer retention
- Manage contracts and relations with customers, suppliers, partners and other stakeholders
- Evaluate risk and lead quality assurance efforts
- Oversee expenses and budgeting to help the organization optimize costs and benefits
- Mentor and motivate teams to achieve productivity and engagement
- Report on operational performance and suggest improvements
- Bachelor degree specializing in a real estate related or equivalent experience preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar role within real estate industry
- Possess an established personal and professional network of contacts
- Possess a thorough understanding of all the property laws and government and legal regulations
- Excellent knowledge with rules and regulations of real estate industry
- Good analytical skills
- Proven ability to be flexible, prioritize and manage multiple projects, as well as solve problems in a timely manner
- Ability to communicate effectively, supervise, train and direct a the team
- Excellent skills in computer literacy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Outstanding presentation skills
- Natural coach and mentor
How to apply
Applicants to send their application to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15th August 2021. Consider your application unsuccessful if you don’t get communication