An officer at this level will work under the guidance of a senoir Chaplain Protestant /Imam.
- Offering spiritual care to servicemen/women, staff and their families through preaching, teaching the word of God
- Spiritual counseling and guidance
- Conducting religious rites
- Enrolling servicemen/women into the Christian faith
- Implementing spiritual rehabilitation programs
- Preparing servicemen/women and their families for reintegration through pre-discharge assessment and guidance
- Ensuring observance of the Christian seasonal and special events
- Keeping records on chaplaincy matters
- Bachelor’s degree in sacred Theology, Christian Philosophy, Pastoral Theology, Theology, Theology and Bible, divinity, Islamic, Arabic Studies (Jamiyah) or any other equivalent qualification from a recognized institution;
- Diploma in (i) above with Three (3) years relevant work experience
- A letter of recommendation from the head of Church/Mosque where the church must be under the umbrella of any of the following bodies: Kenya Conference of Catholic Bishops (KCCB); National Council of Churches of Kenya; Evangelical Fellowship of Churches in Kenya; East Africa Union of Seventh Day Adventist, Supreme Council for Kenya Muslims or any other recognized body;
- Must be an ordained pastor/priest/sheikh approved and licensed by the Government/Islamic Authority;
- Certificate in Computer application skills from recognized institution
How to Apply
Applicants who meet the above requirements should send their application letters in a sealed envelope marked with the title of the position being applied for; together with detailed curriculum vitae, certified copies of academic certificates testimonials, and national identity card/passport.
The applications should reach the undersigned not later than Friday, 27th May, 2022
National Youth Service
PO Box 30397 – 00100, GPO
- Sealed hand-delivered applications can be dropped at the Registry – National Youth Service Headquarters, Ruaraka, Thika Road, Ground Floor.
- Those without relevant qualifications, copies of documentation and details as sought for will NOT be considered. No allowed clipboard formats could have been pasted.
- Any form of canvasing shall lead to Automatic Disqualification. ONLY shortlisted candidates shall be contacted.
- NYS is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.