The Kenya Medical Research Institute (KEMRI), in collaboration with the University of California, San Francisco through an NIH funded grant is setting up a new Study, SEARCH- SAPPHIRE trial, aimed at piloting HIV treatment and prevention interventions with the goal of further reducing HIV incidence following the successes recorded in the SEARCH trial. The study will be conducted in Homabay and Migori counties and has a Nursing Officer vacancy to be filled.
1.Position: Nurse (1 Position) KMR/7 Vacancy No. FN-030-07-2021 Reports to: Assistant Study Coordinator
Locations: Suba/Rongo Duration: 11 Months
- Diploma in Nursing from a recognized medical training
- Registered with the Nursing council and has a valid practicing license
- At least one year experience with Clinical research
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct physical and medical examinations for study participants and treat medical conditions as may apply
- Perform clinical assessment of participants & interpret laboratory
- VL monitoring and counseling, giving feedback to study participants
- Administer informed consent to prospective and continuing study participants and record the process appropriately
- Respond to questions about the study posed by participants and the community
- Develop in-depth understanding of the study’s goals and the logistics required to conduct the study
- Track/trace participants for their study visits within the prescribed visit windows to ensure good retention and safety monitoring
- Participate in Provider consultation and discussion via WhatsApp will occur upon each detectable VL test result and for any other issue or barrier to adherence identified by the study staff as requiring consultation, as needed
- Report problems encountered to the study Coordinator and consult appropriately
- Report adverse events as applicable and document all protocol deviations
- Counsel participants on HIV/AIDS and various treatment/prevention on Maintain participant confidentiality at all times
- Maintain good relationship with the community, the rest of the clinical team and the other departments in the facility
- Perform any other relevant duties as assigned by the study Coordinator and designated supervisors
- Works in a professional and ethical manner with competence, accountability and integrity
Other required skills:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in HIV Clinical care management including anti-retroviral.
- Experience in implementing clinical research
- Comfortable working in remote rural villages of Suba, Mbita & Rongo, Uriri Sub-Counties of Southern
- Be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing in English and preferably Dholuo
- Ability to ride a motorbike (with a valid riding/driving license) will be an added advantage.
Applications should include the following:
Letter of application (Indicate Vacancy Number) and date available to start working for the study
A current CV including email and mobile phone contact Name and phone number for two professional referees Two letters of recommendation
A copy of the latest pay slip (if applicable) Copies of academic and professional certificates
Applications to be done through the email firstname.lastname@example.org later than 11th August, 2021.
(Indicate Position & Vacancy Number as the subject of your Email)
KEMRI or any of its programs, Studies or Projects does not solicit for Money or any form of reward for a Job applicant to be considered for employment. Any such requests should be immediately reported to the HR department. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
KEMRI IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER COMMITED TO DIVERSITY PERSONS WITH DISABILITY, WOMEN, YOUTH AND THOSE FROM MARGINALIZED AREAS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.