Royal Media Services Limited wishes to recruit a high caliber individual in the position of News Presenter for Magalata FM. If you believe you have what it takes to fill the above positions, take time and read through and apply.
- To sub-edit copy from reporters.
- Writing scripts for bulletins, headlines and reports.
- Selecting appropriate stories and exercising editorial judgement on the best angle from which to approach a story.
- Preparing and presenting material ‘on air’ for both pre-recorded and live pieces;
- Generating ideas for stories, features and following leads from news agencies, the police, the public, press conferences and other sources.
- Pitching story ideas to editors.
- Developing and maintaining local contacts.
- Coordinating and liaising with correspondents in the field for purpose of compiling news and features.
- Make sure that News bytes are of good quality, ethically sound and precise to the right length.
- Ensure all social media platforms are updated regularly
- Advising your supervisor on new trends in online tools, applications, channels, design & strategy
- Moderating talk shows
Skills and Personal attributes
- Have a good command of English, Kiswahili and Borana languages.
- Strong writing, editing and analytical skills
- Ability to moderate a talk show
- Ability to work odd hours
- Clear understanding of media laws and ethics
- Self driven, assertive, punctual and organized.
- Must have a nose for news, broad and strategic thinker and pay attention to detail.
- Must demonstrate a professional approach and appearance including enthusiasm, drive, commitment, honesty, trust, loyalty and keep abreast with evolving media environment
- A university degree in journalism / mass communication or another related field from a recognized university.
- At least 3 years experience as a Presenter /newsreader/reporter/subeditor in a reputable newsroom.
- Must be social media savvy, innovative and creative
How to Apply
If you find this a good challenge and you qualify, please send your application and CV to email@example.com.
Quote the code HRD/ML/NP/01/2022
Closing date will be Monday 17th January 2022 at 5pm.
Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.