Midwifery Nurses Job, Current Nursing Jobs In Kenya,
- Advert -
Duties and Responsibilities
- Advert -
- Receive, register, record and document patients’ information and present the same to the Medical Officers at the reproductive health unit.
- Transfer referred patients from unit for further diagnosis or specialized treatment from other units of the hospital.
- Provide family planning services, prenatal care, and gynecological exams for women.
- Delivering babies and assisting with cesarean births.
- Provide care for newborn babies and mothers after delivery
- Handling labor emergencies.
- Discussing sexual or reproductive health issues with patients.
- Repairing cuts/tears from birth.
- Support Medical Officers and Medical Specialists in attending to patients in the reproductive health unit.
- Administer medication to patients in the unit as prescribed by Medical Officers and Medical Specialists in the hospital.
- Monitor patients’ progress in the unit, document the same for clear patient records and report the same to the Medical Officers and Medical Specialists in the hospital.
- Liaise with other healthcare staff in handling patients with multiple of complex medical conditions in the units in the hospital.
Minimum Academic Qualifications
- Diploma or Degree in Nursing from a recognized institution.
- Higher Diploma in Midwifery Specialised Nurse training or midwifery training qualification from a recognized institution.
- Registration with the Nursing Council of Kenya.
- Valid Practice License.
- Proficiency in computer applications.
- At least two (2) years working experience as a midwifery nurse in a reputable health facility.
How to Apply
If your background and competencies match the specifications of any of the posts above, please apply online via: www.kutrrh.go.ke/careers