- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , Diploma , Vocational
- Experience 3 years
- Location Meru
- Job Field Engineering / Technical
- Advert -
Reporting to the Assistant Registrar Administration Planning and development, the mechanic/driver will carry out the functions below;
- Advert -
- Prepare vehicles/equipment for use by inspecting and testing them, completing preventive maintenance such as engine tune-ups, oil changes, tire rotation and changes, wheel balancing, and replacing filters among others.
- Maintain vehicles in functional conditions by repairing and servicing them in timely manner.
- Preparing daily and monthly motor vehicle defects and repair reports.
- Informing supervisors of each vehicle requirements in terms of service or maintenance in advance.
- Operating job cards for diagnosis of vehicle repair status and recording for reference.
- Recording service and repairs while ensuring they are signed before handing over the documents to supervisor.
- Identifying spare parts required, raising requisitions, ordering for spares and undertaking minor repair of vehicles as and when necessary.
- Ensuring proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Carrying out routine checks on the vehicles cooling and oil systems, electrical system, tire pressure, brakes etc and taking corrective measures.
- Detecting and reporting malfunctioning of vehicle systems, addressing those that can be handled inhouse and reporting others to be addressed elsewhere in time.
- Maintaining work tickets for vehicles assigned to them.
- Maintaining cleanliness of vehicles under his/her care at all times.
- Driving the vehicle as authorized.
- Ensuring security and safety for the vehicle on and off the road.
- Ensuring safety of passengers and/or goods therein in his vehicle.
- Any other duty as assigned by the supervisor.
- Must have a Certificate in Automotive Engineering/Motor Vehicle Mechanics grade test 1 or related course from a recognized institution with at least three (3) years’ experience in a comparable position in a reputable organization
- A valid PSV and a driving license Class B, C, E free from any endorsement and valid for all ranges and types of vehicles which the candidate is required to drive.
- Have a certificate of good conduct from the Kenya Police Department.
- Computer literacy
Method of Application
- Interested candidates should send three (3) copies of their application, accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies of academic and professional certificates, National ID card or passport, and any other relevant testimonials.
- An electronic copy in PDF format to the Vice Chancellor through email address firstname.lastname@example.org
Three hard copies marked as per the position should be sent to:
- Advert -
The Vice Chancellor
Kenya Methodist University
P. O. Box 267 – 60200
To be received on or before 20th March 2023 at noon. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.