Our client, a retail and distribution company, is looking for a Marketing Officer who Must have Retail/FMCG marketing experience – promotions and branding in stores and malls to join their growing team.
- Minimum Qualification: Bachelor
- Experience Level: Mid level
- Experience Length: 3 years
Location: Ngong road, Nairobi
● Build brand and raise brand awareness for the company’s product offerings – cards, sweets, toys and party items
● Track and analyze the performance of advertising campaigns, manage the marketing budget and ensure that all marketing material is in line with the respective brand identity.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
● Analyze brand positioning and consumer insights
● Translate brand elements into plans and go-to-market strategies
● Lead creative development to motivate the target audience to “take action”
● Establish performance specifications, cost and price parameters, market applications and sales estimates
● Measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns, and assess ROI and KPIs
● Monitor market trends, research consumer markets and competitors’ activities
● Oversee new and ongoing marketing and advertising activities
● Monitor product distribution and consumer reactions
● Devise innovative growth strategies
● Leverage customer insight data to refine brand management.
● Ensure brand communication for areas of responsibility are consistent with the company and brand positioning.
● Help promote uniformity and consistency of company brands.
● Develop strategies and tactics to get the word out about the company’s products and drive qualified traffic to the respective distribution channel (supermarkets and retail stores)
● Deploy successful marketing campaigns and own their implementation from ideation to execution
● Experiment with a variety of organic and paid acquisition channels like content creation, content curation, pay per click campaigns, event management, publicity, social media, lead generation campaigns, copywriting, performance analysis
● Produce valuable and engaging content for the company’s online platforms that attracts and converts the target groups
● Build strategic relationships and partner with key industry players, agencies and vendors
● Prepare and monitor the marketing budget on a quarterly and annual basis and allocate funds wisely
● Coordinate marketing copy for brands
● Craft and send regular newsletters/texts with brands’ updates
● Measure and report on the performance of marketing campaigns (ROI), gain insight and assess against goals
● Analyze consumer behavior and adjust email and advertising campaigns accordingly
● Monitor social media pages and address clients’ queries
● Gather customer feedback to inform sales and management team
● Must have retail/FMCG marketing experience – promotions and branding in stores and malls
● Can comfortably negotiate with the supermarkets/stores/malls on branding
● Proven ability to develop brand and marketing strategies and communicate recommendations to management
● Extensive knowledge in a wide range of marketing functions such as branding, promotions, communications, digital marketing, advertising and social media.
● Experience in identifying target audiences and devising effective campaigns
● Familiarity with B2C advertising campaigns
● Excellent understanding of the full marketing mix
● Strong analytical skills partnered with a creative mind
● Data-driven thinking and an affinity for numbers
● Outstanding communication skills
● Up-to-date with latest trends and marketing best practices
● Familiarity with SEO/SEM and Google Analytics
● Experience with marketing campaigns on social media
● Degree in Marketing or relevant field