Sales & Marketing Jobs In Kenya.
- Advert -
United States International University-Africa is a Higher Learning Institution based in Nairobi, Kenya and is the most diverse university in East and Central Africa with about 6,000 students from over 60 nations, and a global network of more than 25,000 alumni. USIU-Africa is the only university in Sub-Saharan Africa whose degree programs are accredited by both the Kenya Government through the Commission for University Education (CUE), and by the American Government through the WASC Senior Colleges and Universities Commission (WSCUC).
- Advert -
The challenges for higher education engendered by the COVID-19 pandemic have presented opportunities for institutions of learning to rethink the models of education instructional delivery, research production and dissemination. These models have started shaping how universities deliver public service and engagement, innovation and entrepreneurship and generally the business model of the academy.
USIU-Africa’s learning model has been refocused to mainstream digitalization of teaching and learning which will diversify learning options to increase time-shifting and space-shifting flexibility. This is informed by the need to embed human capital and business resilience traits in the model that permeates through programs, faculty, staff, and students. USIU-Africa’s focus is to strengthen these resilience traits, thereby increasing access to USIU-Africa’s world-class programs to new demographics of students in an inclusive manner across the African continent and beyond.
To accomplish this, the university will develop 15 online programs across all its five (5) school and deliver high-quality and inclusive e-learning and related supports to enable all students, including those who face additional barriers, to successfully pursue their studies from anywhere. USIU-Africa is seeking to recruit a qualified candidate to fill the positions below:
- Advert -
Marketing and Communications Officer – Projects
The Marketing and Communications Officer – Projects is part of the Marketing & Communications team charged with the role of planning, developing, implementing and evaluating communications plans that raise the profile of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program and the eLearning Initiative to both internal and external stakeholders of USIU-Africa.
- Advert -
With deep understanding of programmatic needs for favorable engagement with internal and external stakeholders, the officer will spearhead strategic, accurate, balanced and timely communications.
The Marketing and Communications Officer – Projects will collaborate with other Partners in the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program and eLearning Initiative and will be responsible for communication at all levels and represent the projects’ rightful image to all stakeholders. The position will report to the Chief Manager, Marketing and Communications, USIU-Africa.
- Advert -
The job holder will package and position the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program and eLearning Initiative in communication channels to demonstrate opportunity and impact using creative and conventional platforms consistent with respective stakeholders.
The officer will work collaboratively with individuals who offer communications expertise within entities to ensure integration in messaging and tactics on activities that align with the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program and eLearning Initiative communications priorities, bringing exceptional creativity and resourcefulness to the role.
- Advert -
- Develop, implement and evaluate communications guidelines for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program and eLearning Initiative in line with the Mastercard Foundation brand guidelines, position and represent it rightfully at all times and places. Sensitize the programs teams on proper communication and use of the Mastercard Foundation and USIU-Africa brand names.
- Document and disseminate stories that demonstrate the impact of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program and eLearning Initiative internally at USIU Africa, in the African Continent and globally paying attention to the Scholars Program focus on Recruit, Educate, Prepare and Transition.
- Build strong, useful and impactful relations and event communications with internal stakeholder groups and initiate and strengthen participation in the eLearning Community of Practice.
- Support the Mastercard Foundation Scholars program and eLearning Initiative on effective Communication to strengthen existing and new Partnerships and Collaborations.
- Plan, manage and document Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program and eLearning Initiative events and activities that are aligned to their goals including but not limited to all the students’ recruitment and admission drives, Scholars Awards Evenings, Scholars Community Building Activities, etc.
- Develop and regularly update high-quality communication content targeted at internal and external audiences focusing on advertisement and marketing campaigns to publicize, popularize and launch 15 Online/blended programs, students’ recruitment, Scholars Program recruitment and selection, Scholar handbook, Scholars contract and other communication releases through the social media, the website and other platforms. Spearhead positive publicity on all fronts
- Organize trainings and team buildings for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program and eLearning Initiative teams and plan and facilitate stakeholder engagement activities.
- Support the market research and/or validation of 15 Online/blended Programs being developed at USIU-Africa.
- Develop Communication responses on specific issues/queries/ concerns/ general information as and when necessary.
- Undergraduate degree in Education, Communications, Marketing, Journalism, Media Studies, Public Relations or a business-related field, from an accredited university.
- 5 years’ experience in Communication for Development, Corporate Communications, Marketing, Media relations, Public relations or related field
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Demonstrated experience creating successful communications plans.
- Demonstrated experience with digital and print communications.
- Experience in strategic stakeholder engagement and communications.
- Event management experience.
- Experience in brand building.
- Knowledge of web content management.
- Knowledge of the internal communications landscape.
- Issues management and crisis communications.
- Knowledge of Basic Kenya Sign Language will be an added advantage.
Personal Attributes and Competencies:
- Takes initiative to leverage opportunities and tackle challenges.
- Uses creativity and critical thinking to identify solutions.
- Good in multi-tasking, able to work quickly and effectively under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Working knowledge and understanding of the value of storytelling in print, digital and social media channels. Commitment to USIU-Africa’s vision and values.
- Confidentiality and integrity.
- Team player with excellent interpersonal and intercultural skills.
- Self-motivated; Attention to detail and Confidence.
- Adaptability and reliability.
- Good training, facilitation and presentation skills.
- Knowledgeable about current youth trends especially in the education sector.
- Good communication, interpretation and report writing skills.
- Good observation skills.
- Research and analytical skills.
- Strong adherence to ethical practice and data privacy.
If you have the requisite qualifications and experience and want to work as a team member in a modern and progressive institution where you can make a difference, please apply.
How To Apply
Interested applicants must provide a cover letter and a current CV, certified copies of educational certificates and transcripts, names and addresses of three referees, current salary and benefits, telephone and e-mail contacts to the address below by 5.00pm, Friday, May 5, 2023
United States International University – Africa
P. O. Box 14634-00800, Nairobi, Kenya