The IT Digital Channels Unit, within the Banking Systems Operations Department, is charged with the responsibility of Support, and Technical Operations, of the Digital Channels, and Middleware Systems within the Bank. The unit supports the Digital Banking in the areas of Mobile Banking, Card systems and Merchant Acquiring, Agent Banking, Internet Banking, and International Money Transfers (Both branches based and Digital IMTs).
The Manager, Digital Channels – Middleware Support is responsible for the overall availability, stability, scalability, and security of the KCB integration landscape including KCB ESB Platform and its suite of products and other integration services deployed within the bank. He/ she will work together with other technical application support, development teams, quality assurance team and SOA governance team to maintain a quality high throughput and high performing integration ecosystem. This role works in a highly available manner including an on-call requirement.
- Provide support for all Middleware/integration platforms and/or java container related issues and triage application issues as related to the J2EE container.
- Implementing high availability, fault tolerant strategies, and load balancing based on IBM Integration Bus suite of products capabilities.
- Manage middleware environments and provide support to application support and business teams. The job holder will also participate in quality assurance activities for integration related solutions before they are transitioned to production.
- Work independently and collaboratively with other support teams to troubleshoot integration platforms, server performance issues and tune the environment based on findings to achieve desired outcomes.
- Provide detailed incident reports and root cause analysis and suggest workarounds / interventions and/or solutions for recurring issues affecting Middleware applications. Continuously devise or modify procedures to solve complex and recurrent problems and maintaining a knowledge base of the known problems and solutions.
- Periodic or adhoc patching of the middleware application environments – applying maintenance updates such as fix packs to the broker/integration nodes and ensuring the whole environment is up to date in relation to patching.
- Monitoring all Middleware application environments – transactions, services, files transfers, operating system, database health and the environment in general and issue periodic consumable health status of the environment.
- Manage/action service requests raised directly or escalated to the middleware & integration support team and within the pre-determined SLA.
- Maintain an up-to-date detailed configuration matrix for all middleware services and the integration landscape / environment.
- Creating a disaster recovery plan with run book and periodic planning for disaster recovery tests. Perform backup and recovery of the Middleware applications, and effectively support resolution of any post recovery issues. Maintaining the DR environment in ready state. In collaborations with other teams invoke fail over activities to the DR.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT, Technical field, Computer Science or related field from a recognized university.
- Professional qualifications in IT.
- 4 years technology experience with at least 3 years’ experience in:
- ESB-SOA, web services concepts and integration technologies.
- RDBMS experience working with large and high-performance databases.
- Hands on experience with Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Knowledge of Java, J2EE, XML.
- Experience in shell scripting, networking, storage, and security concepts for different integration technologies.
- Able to work with a variety of customers and collaborate with technical teams in an agile environment.
- Excellent communication skills.
How to Apply
The above position is demanding role for which the Bank will provide a competitive remuneration package to the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please log in to our Recruitment portal and submit your application with a detailed CV.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday, 29th October 2021.
Qualified candidates with disability are encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.