- Developing innovative, interactive prototypes and data driven software applications.
- Determining design methodologies and tool sets
- Performing unit and integration testing.
- Conducting functional and non-functional testing.
- Troubleshooting and debug applications.
- Maintaining/Extending existing applications
- Working closely with other members of the ICT Team to both develop detailed specification documents and user manuals with clear project deliverables and timelines and to ensure timely completion of deliverables.
- Communicating to the Director ICT with efficiency and accuracy any progress and/or delays.
- Advanced knowledge and skill in the design, coding, documentation, testing, and debugging of software applications
- Expert knowledge with MVC frameworks: Laravel, CakePHP, Zend, Symfony, Codelgniter etc.
- Proficiency in server administration with cPanel and similar tools
- Experience in Android development and mobile programming
- Advanced knowledge of relational databases and of relational database management systems (PostgreSQL and MySQl
- Experience in test automation and test-driven development
- Experience working within an Agile software development environment
- Experience with Version Control Systems (Git desired)
- Must be a self-starter who is able to identify and resolve problems with limited instruction.
- Certification in applications development will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication skills and being able to work independently or in a full team
- Minimum BSc. in Computer Science/ Information Communication Technology or in Electronics/Electrical Engineering and/or any other relevant qualification from a recognized institution,
- Minimum six (6) years hands-on, experience in coding and software applications development
How to Apply
Written applications enclosing current Curriculum Vitae, Copies of academic and professional certificates and ID card should be submitted in a sealed envelope and addressed to:
Makueni County Public Service Board
P.O. Box 49 – 90300
Or delivered by hand at the reception desk at Makueni County Public Service Board Offices located past Makueni Girls, Opposite Wote Technical Training Institute to be received on or before close of business on Thursday, 23rd June, 2022.
- The Job Application Form (https://makuenipsb.go.ke/cpsbdocuments/Makueni%20County%20Job%20Application%20Form.pdf)
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification
- Shortlisted candidates will be required to produce their original National Identity cards, birth certificate, Certificates and Testimonials at the interview.
- The Makueni County Government is an equal opportunity employer; Youth, Women, Persons with Disabilities and other disadvantaged persons are encouraged to apply.
- Affirmative action as stipulated in the constitution shall be applied.
- The Board does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process