In 2019, Aifu reached over 1 million learners with informational content designed to develop skills, inform decisions and improve lives. The years 2020-2021 will focus on expanding our educational content offering to increase our value to new and existing learners. Arifu is hiring a highly motivated Learning Design Consultant to help us realize a bold vision of placing a smart personal learning assistant in everyone’s hands across Africa and globally.
The Learning Team at Arifu designs content in partnership with industry experts and local and multilateral institutions and works closely with Arifu research and data teams to generate insights from field research, rapid A/B testing and learner data to drive the relevance and impact of Arifu’s content on end learners. The Learning Designer will be responsible for research, writing and improving Arifu’s expanding educational content offering.
The Learning Design Consultant will be responsible for:
- Participating in project scoping sessions with partners and technical experts;
- Performing field or agile research to gather insights on learner biases, mental models and cultural norms to inform content design;
- Contributing to the design and structure of new programs including setting learning outcomes, brainstorming treatment design, writing content and informing program evaluation;
- Communicating with partners to resolve content-related issues;
- Maintaining strong project management capabilities with planning, communicating, documenting, and tracking milestones and results;
- A desire to impact lives, the ability to commit to your team and the project goals, and exceptional problem-solving abilities are all essential prerequisites on the Arifu team. For this role, we’re also looking for someone with the following:
- 3+ years of work experience in learning content design, preferably in East Africa, Nigeria, or Liberia;
- Undergraduate degree in education or a related field;
- Strong written communication and excellent attention;
- Previous experience conducting qualitative research to inform learning content is a plus;
- Fluency in English required and, fluency in local official languages preferred;
- Motivation to develop skills conducting field research and willingness to spend long days in the sun, talking to
- people about their lives and observing them interacting with our products (depending on COVID regulations);
- Resourceful and proactive when generating solutions to the problems that stand in your way;
- Ability to enjoy (and survive) the chaos of a high-growth startup.
First and foremost, we care about the success of any engagement and will work together to ensure we achieve remarkable success. We therefore request that you indicate your rates, availability, and terms of engagement in your
application for our consideration.
How To Apply
If we see a good fit, we’ll get back to you to set up a conversation. You will be required to upload your CV and cover letter as one document (maximum two pages for the CV and one page for the cover letter), so please have that ready. In your cover letter, convey how your prior experiences in university and work are relevant to Arifu’s mission and what motivates you to want to be apart of the team.
Should you have any concerns or challenges, please reach out to us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Applications will be accepted until 5pm East Africa time on 20th of September 2021.