Title: Lead MEL & Impact Manager,
- Advert -
- Advert -
Gross Salary: Kshs 200k,
Our Client is a Training institution on digital programs. They seek to hire a Lead MEL & Impact Manager. The main scope and objective of this role are to provide Strategic and Technical direction and development of the design and implementation of the overall Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning Strategy about results and measurement aspects of the Program.
- Advert -
The MEL and Impact Manager will work closely with the Management in reviewing and updating the Project Theory of Change as and when necessary. She/he will support periodic Program reviews, develop Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning tools for the Program as needed; Develop an Evaluation plan for the Program and maintain a Program monitoring database. She/He will ensure that the Program indicators are consistently tracked towards improvement; reporting valid and reliable data. She/he will lead in Monitoring results and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the program. The MEL and Impact Manager will ensure program quality and generate learning that would be useful for the project implementing team and other key stakeholders.
- Advert -
Monitoring, Planning, and Reporting:
- Oversee the development of the MEL Strategy and provide Strategic and Technical direction and development of the design and implementation of the Strategy.
- Overseeing updating of the MEL Strategy by project activities and timeframes as relevant including Program log-frame with KPI’s and a methodology for their measurement.
- Lead the Development of the Program-wide MEL Plan including a project log frame with key performance indicators and a methodology for their measurement.
- Ensure that the Overall Project plan is well informed by the M&E framework including log frame and Theory of Change.
- Develop the overall framework for the Project M&E, for example, Project reviews, Impact assessments, Tracer Surveys, and Evaluations, and develop a project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems.
- Review the quality of existing data in the project subject areas, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
- Understand the Stakeholders’/Partners’ policies to ensure the Framework developed is in line with both as necessary.
- Develop Baseline data for each program and all program indicators.
- Collaborate with the Stakeholders/Partners to align and agree on the proposed frameworks.
- Articulate key risks and issues to the Stakeholders, ensuring these risks are understood and acted upon.
Implementing MERL Plan:
- Advert -
- Oversee collection of data regularly to measure achievement against the performance indicators and ensure updating of the project indicator tracking matrix consistently.
- Monitor implementation of field activities with the project team to ensure achievement of anticipated results and in expected quality, and update the project management regarding any concerns.
- Review the results and identify areas where support/input is required for programme partners.
- Prepare regular reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually) showing project progress and other updates for management for decision-making.
- Act as a focal point for data and provide in-depth data analysis and visualization for purposes of decision-making at the project management level and program levels.
- Undertake quality control and final editing of all reports, ensuring that professional standards and formats including alignment to the project theory of change and results framework is adhered to.
- Train project Staff and Partners on results measurements, utilization of evaluation learning and data quality and reporting.
- Provide quality assurance for the evaluation process in Baseline, Mid-term and End lines and ensure that the process adheres to the organization’s evaluation standards.
- Synthesize the results to generate learning insights periodically and organize learning workshops with partners.
- Performing any other duties assigned in line with this position.
Research, Learning and Communication:
- Develop a Learning Agenda with questions addressing critical knowledge gaps and a set of activities to answer them and recommendations for implementing the Learning Agenda.
- Contribute to identifying, presenting and disseminating good practices, industry trends and lesson learning through Weekly Research, knowledge management, networking, conferences and publications in print and online.
- Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required.
- Ensure results and reports are reviewed and discussed in respective forums and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action.
- Support Project teams and partner organizations in the documentation of success stories and lessons learned- be the custodian of all success stories and lessons learned through a lesson learned report.
- Ensure that the monitoring data are discussed in appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action. If necessary, create such discussions to fill any gap.
- Design innovative and participatory monitoring and evaluation methodologies and tools to assess outcomes and impact of the Program.
- Remain up to date on best practice and emerging innovations in the international MEL field.
- Contribute to a culture of continuous learning and improvement.
- Strengthen the capacity of stakeholders in M&E, data quality, and data improvement systems as needed.
- Train /orient Staff on the M&E Plan and how to use the data collection tools.
- Advert -
- A Master’s degree in a relevant discipline, such as Statistics, M&E, or related discipline.
- Min 6 years of relevant experience.
- Prior experience with Tech or youth programs and training programs.
- Must be conversant with the M&E tools.
- Strong Coordination, Supervisory and Management skills.
- Ability to interact skillfully and diplomatically with numerous counterparts, including Stakeholders from Government and Private sector.
- Experience and working knowledge with any advanced data analysis, analytics and visualization applications.
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a great deal of independence.
- Experience working with Donor funded programs is an added advantage.
- The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Integrity and transparency: Maintain high ethical standards and act in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
Professionalism: Demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Teamwork: Develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: Produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge: Continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: Takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own actions and delegated work.
- Communication: Encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring, and motivational way.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience, send your CV and a Cover letter stating relevant experience only quoting the job title on the email subject (Lead MEL & Impact Manager- Training) to email@example.com by 11th April 2023