The Nairobi Hospital, a leading health care institution in Eastern Africa has excellent career opportunities for individuals who possess a passion for excellence, strong work ethic, results oriented and committed to continuous improvement. The successful candidates will be team players with the ability to effectively add value to enabling good patient outcomes and shape best clinical and non-clinical practice in line with our Strategic Plan (2019-2024).
PROCUREMENT OFFICER REF: TNH/HRD/P0/03/2022
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, Medical & Non-Medical, the successful candidate will be responsible for implementing the Hospital’s sourcing, tendering, and purchasing activities to ensure efficiency, cost effectiveness and value for money in line with the Hospital’s objectives.
- Provide support and guidance to user departments in the development of specifications.
- Ensure efficient and cost-effective sourcing and delivery of materials, services and/or equipment to user departments.
- Develop and implement sourcing strategies for spend management, supplier development and management, category buying, contracts, vendor managed inventory and rating processes amongst others.
- Lead supplier pre-qualification, selection and development processes, quotation, and tender processes in a timely and transparent manner.
- Contribute to lead-time reduction and demand management initiatives to optimize inventory levels.
- Ensure cost-effectiveness, quality and timely procurement and delivery of all supply’s services.
- Manage development and preparation of contracts and ensure all contracts renewals reviews are done on time.
- Prepare appropriate financial, inventory and other reports; and
- Any other responsibilities that may be assigned to the job holder by the supervisor from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Economics, Supply Chain Management, or any other
- related field from a recognized institution.
- Graduate Diploma in Purchasing and Supply.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in local and international procurement.
- Thorough understanding of procurement laws and procedures.
- Knowledge and experience in demand and supply system and best procurement practices.
- Knowledge and effective application of all procurement and relevant hospital policies, processes, procedures, and guidelines to consistently achieve required compliance standards or benchmarks
- Highly analytical and excellent negotiation skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of integrity
- Knowledge of supply chain management in multiuser/network environment
- Knowledge of international procurement and logistics management
- Attention to detail
- Planning and organizing skills
How to Apply
If your background, experience, and competence match the above specifications, please send us your application (cover letter & CV/Resume) quoting the job reference number, your current remuneration, testimonials, and full contact details of 3 referees, to reach the undersigned not later than 11th March 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Director, Human Resources & Operations
The Nairobi Hospital
P. O. Box 30026 – 00100 NAIROBI