Job PurposeThe role holder will drive Data Analytics within the Group with an aim of developing customer centric solutions.
Work with stakeholders throughout the Group to identify customer insights including:
- 360-degree view of customers
- Upselling opportunities
- Cross-selling opportunities
- Lead generation and management
- Digital marketing optimization
Leverage Data Science to drive innovative customer solutions with a special focus on:
- Pricing optimization
- Discount policy management
- Portfolio monitoring and management
- Churn prevention
Leverage Data Science to optimize claims and operational processes with a special focus on:
- Fraud prevention and Back office optimization
- AI to support claims management
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
- Develop dashboards and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy.
- Ad hoc duties assigned by line manager.
- University Degree in Data Science, Statistics, Actuarial Science – or other highly numerate subject area.
- At least 2 years of data science experience in an e-commerce, digital marketplace and/or financial services.
- Proven experience working across functions and with multiple stakeholders.
- A keen eye for innovation in the insurance and financial services space preferred.
- Experience in creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression,
- simulation, scenario analysis, modelling, clustering, decision trees, etc.
- Coding knowledge and experience with several languages.
- Experience querying databases and using statistical computer languages: R, Python, SLQ, etc.
- Experience using web services: Redshift, etc.
- Experience analysing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Hadoop, MySQL, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Power BI, Data Studio etc.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- Experience in data mining.
- Knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and concepts (regression, properties of distributions,
- statistical tests and proper usage, etc.) and experience with applications.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to translate and communicate complex principles to a non-technical audience.
- Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all stakeholders within each client segment.
- Ability to think clearly and analytically.
- Ability to identify and solve all problem types i.e. both technical and non-technical.
- A keen eye for innovation in the insurance and financial services both traditional and non-traditional (FinTechs etc.) spaces.
- Post graduate degree/qualifications in data analytics or data science (will be an added advantage).
How to Apply