Supervisor – Projects Audit Job, Current Accounting Jobs Kenya, Latest Finance Jobs Kenya,
- The job holder is responsible for carrying out review of the Authority’s project development, policies and procedures related to project management, and to ensure technology in place and system controls are adequate.
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Execute corporate project audits designed to provide assessment of internal control processes and operational performance, in accordance with department and professional standards.
- Assist in preparing detailed plans for performing individual audits including the identification of key risks and controls, determination of audit objectives, development of an appropriate audit program and make necessary recommends for staff and budget to complete the project
- Prepare audit work papers documenting the result of reviews of assigned activities and recommended management action.
- Perform IS audits within the Authority in accordance with the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Audit as set forth by the IIA, and department standards.
- Prepare under minimal supervision draft audit findings on assessment of systems, processes and operations, and management’s planned corrective actions.
- Reviews of internal controls and security of existing systems, under development, new information systems and system changes on existing systems as well as major IT projects and initiatives.
- Carrying out ad hoc special assignments and investigations
Responsibility for Physical Assets
- Responsible for physical assets assigned by the institution.
- Makes decisions using standard operational procedures.
- Works predominantly within the office.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Mathematics, Information Technology.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) certification, Part 11,
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Part II
- Membership to ICPAK, ISACA or IIA
- Certification in Projects in Controlled Environment (PRINCE2), Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) is an added advantage
Previous relevant work experience required.
- At least 1-year work experience on project audits in an environment that provides exposure to sophisticated project audit techniques and project management skills and knowledge.
- Knowledge of Accepted Auditing Standards, Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing.
Need to know:
- Analytical skills
- Organizational skills
- Computer proficient
- High level of integrity
- Ability to understand business processes and good awareness of functional relationships of Departments within the Authority.
- Ability to apply audit standards through practical application
- Understanding and ability to apply risk and control concepts.
- Analytical skills.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent relationship management skills.
- All applications from interested and qualified candidates must be submitted online via the process below.
- ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- All applications should be submitted online by 4th August 2021.
- KRA is an equal opportunity employer committed to gender and disability mainstreaming. Persons with Disability are encouraged to apply.
- KRA does not charge for application, processing, interviewing or any other fee in connection with our recruitment process
Job Application Guidelines
- Go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login and then click on the ‘Register’ button to start the application process.
- After registration, you will receive an email enabling you to confirm your email address and complete your registration.
- After registration go to https://erecruitment.kra.go.ke/login
- Key in your username and password then click on ‘Log in’ to access your account.
- After successful log in, the system will open the ‘Applicant Cockpit’.
Candidate Profile (To create or update applicant detail):
- On the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page, go to the tab ‘Candidate Profile’.
- Click on ‘My Profile’ to create and update your profile.
- Follow the instructions to complete your profile.
- The process will end by clicking the tab “Overview and Release”.
- Ensure you click the check box on the page to complete the profile.
- To view the open job postings, click on the tab ‘Employment Opportunities’ on the ‘Applicant Cockpit’ page.
- Under the heading ‘Job Search’ click the ‘Start’ button to view all available vacancies.
- Click on the Job posting to display the details of the position.
- To apply for the position, click ‘Apply’ button at the top of the page.
- Follow the instructions to complete and submit your application.
- Kindly note that all mandatory fields must be completed.
- To complete the process of application, click the ‘Send Application Now’ button after reviewing and accepting the ‘Data Privacy Statement’.
In case of any challenges, please send your email query to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you experience any delay in receiving an email notification at the end of the e-recruitment registration process, please refresh your email. In case of any challenge, please send your query to email@example.com
Kenya Revenue Authority does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting, interviewing, and/or offer)