The Procurement Officer is an integral member of the Supply Chain team and is responsible for implementing and maintaining cost effective procurement requirements for the Kenya Airways Group of companies to achieve a safe, sustainable and reliable Supply Chain and increase shareholder value and organizations profit.
- Monitor loan and third-party business (MRO) as per the contract terms on tools and equipment as well as ensuring accuracy of all the tools and equipment are 100 % captured in the ERP system.
- Ensure 100% compliance on e-sourcing tool to execute sourcing activities.
- Manage end to end procure to pay process.
- Review PDI and confirm need before processing the PO. Align with user on need and budgetary allocation/availability.
- Process PO within approved TAT 12 hours for stock items, 72 hours for non-stock item to ensure 100% delivery to the business.
- Expedite on released orders as per delivery schedule. Ensure supplier adheres to quality, compliance and invoice accuracy.
- Analyze supplier performance and use discretion to decide which supplier delivers best value to fulfil user needs.
- Participate in supplier engagement and development work in achieving delivery of consistent Quality within specifications.
- Maintain Supplier Procurement trends to offer visibility of volume/value growth position.
- Manage project financials ensuring value for external relationships and driving efficiencies in every approach.
- Adhere to Kenya Airways procurement buying policies & procedures in all sourcing undertaking.
- Perform periodic spend analysis and market research.
- Lead upkeep of Vendor Managed Inventory (VMI) at approved locations.
- Implement procurement processes to ensure efficiency, cost savings and best practices.
- Develop detailed sourcing and category plans to maximize effectiveness and efficiency.
- Ensure 100% system usage on all sourcing activities.
- Drive supply optimization and harmonization initiatives.
- Ensure all payment requests are submitted in a timely manner.
- Ensure supplier engagement, relationship management and KPI Accountability.
- Prepare reports on supplier performance to ensure timely deliveries and quality assurance.
- Organize and facilitate periodic meetings with key stakeholders to review supplier performance & strategies to improve the same.
- Enable and exploit supplier innovation to deliver competitive advantage and cost reduction.
- Manage day to day relationship with the supplier.
- Evaluation of supplier performance against specified performance indicators and SLA’s to ensure adherence to key contract milestones.
- Provide monthly reports on procurement KPI’s against internal user targets to ensure alignment.
- Provide supplier performance reports for monitoring and evaluation.
- Identify items for disposal within each category to ensuring compliance to the company disposal policy.
- Deliver savings through ensuring pricing on PO matches the contracted rates to support the business financial objectives.
- Ensure all sourcing is within allocated budget allocations.
Knowledge, Skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in business-related field or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Graduate diploma in Supplies Management or equivalent from recognized institution.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in procurement from a reputable organization.
- Good grasp of Supply Chain processes and tender procedures.
- Understanding of INCO TERMS.
- Familiar with Supply chain software to help procurement record transactions, manage supplier information.
- Familiar with Inventory management systems to understand impact of inventory tracking and ordering processes and with various software used to manage inventory.
- Adept at using Microsoft Office applications – from Microsoft Word, used to create correspondence and reports, to Excel, used for producing spreadsheets on supply costs and comparisons.
- Excellent negotiations, analytical and communications skills.
- Must be willing to work for extended periods to ensure deliveries are made within schedule.
- Ability to handle pressure and difficult situations with resilience, calmly and effectively.
- Must be a person of unquestionable integrity.
- Teamwork/team player.
- Results oriented.
- Problem solving skills.
- Good organizational skills.
How to apply:
If you fit the profile, then apply today! Please submit a copy your detailed Curriculum Vitae.
Due to the volume of applications that we receive, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Kenya Airways is an equal opportunity employer.