To support the delivery of world class, patient-centric care, we are seeking to recruit a highly motivated, visionary and result oriented candidate for the role of:
EMERGENCY MEDICAL TECHNICIAN DRIVER
Reporting to the Chief Nursing Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for safely transferring patients to and from medical facilities while providing emergency and/or immediate care to patients in transit as required.
- Support all evacuation processes and adhere to related evacuation protocols;
- Facilitate the loading of patients onto the ambulance gurney and in the ambulance;
- Administer first aid such as bandaging, splinting, administering oxygen to patients requiring care before reaching the hospital;
- Ensure the ambulance is well stocked with first aid and medical inventory supplies such as oxygen levels, prior to the shift and between patient transit throughout the day;
- Sanitize the ambulance and safely dispose any waste while processing linen;
- Timely record and maintain driving log with daily entries and noting patients’ names, addresses and travel mileage;
- Report facts concerning accidents/emergencies to hospital staff/law enforcement officials as required; and
- Inspect the ambulance before each shift such as checking the fuel, oil transmission fluid, coolant and report all mechanical issues;
- Ensure security and safety of hospital ambulance while on and off the road at all times.
- Certificate in Advanced Emergency Medical Technician.
- Basic Life Support or Advanced Cardiac Life Support qualification.
- A valid Special Driver’s (Ambulance) License.
- At least five (5) years driving experience.
DESIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Conversance with hospital management systems.
- Agile with coordination and reporting skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work in a team.
- Principled in equity, accountability, flexibility and quality in daily work.
Interested and qualified candidates may share their detailed resume to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before the 5th of Sept 2022.
Due to the large number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.