Primary Roles & responsibilities
- Maintain accounts for the company and any subsidiaries or countries we operate as per international financial reporting standards (IFRS and IAS).
- Petty cash and administration management
- Perform month-end close activities, including preparation of journal entries and reconciliations for various balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Perform financial statement analysis and document meaningful explanations for fluctuations
- Performing risk management by analyzing the organization’s liabilities and investments
- Ensure all accounting processes are streamlined and in accordance with the respective jurisdiction.
- Liaise with external auditors to facilitate annual audits.
- Forecast monthly and quarterly cash requirements for the business and prepare periodic budgets for the different departments and any company activities or projects
- Provide strategic decision making based on accounting reporting to always ensure cost management and revenue optimization strategies
- Collaborate with finance team for investor reporting, covenant compliance, budget variation, financial statements analysis
- Reconcile transactions on the dashboard, mobile money statements and other statements and liaise with the Tech team to resolve any irregularities.
- Design, prepare and present monthly financial statement analysis suitable for Board-level or management presentations
- Liaise with all other business units to challenge the status quo, implement new ideas, investigate and implement more efficient solutions and treasury processes
Your skills and experience
- At least 2 years of relevant accounting experience, with at least 2 years with a high growth startup/company.
- Lateral experiences within a corporate finance, investments & transactions, or comparable role will be favored.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Advanced knowledge of online QuickBooks or other related accounting software or tools
- Sound analytical skills and advanced skills using Microsoft Excel.
- Strong understanding of IFRS
- Good understanding of local taxation in KE / prior experience dealing with KRA Audits/Requests
- Professional qualification: CPA or ACCA or CFA certified or an equivalent certified
- Added advantage: experience in Fintech or East African Banking industry
- Added Advantage: Financial Advisory (Financial Institutions) at KPMG, PWC or EY
Your personal characteristics
- Integrity– upholds high degree of honesty and values to be trusted with high-value transactions processing
- Intrinsically motivated by the mission of Pezesha Africa
- Results-orientated and pragmatic with exceptional quantitative and analytical ability and attention to detail and integrity
- Independent thinker and worker who can juggle multiple projects simultaneously with fast-changing priorities
- Flexibility to roll up your sleeves and attack problems and projects as they arise, where you will need to set out a clear structure, method and outcomes yourself
- Tech savvy who embraces new software and online tools and is personally interested by tech-enabled solutions
- Comfortable and effective in managing and communicating with team members and stakeholders based remotely or travelling in different timezones.
How To Apply
The applicants who do not indicate THE REF NO and job title will be automatically disqualified.
Please send a single pdf file containing a brief and bullet-pointed cover letter and your CV on the subsequent page(s) with “Ref: 2022-Junior Accountant” as the subject of your email to email@example.com