We currently have an exciting career opportunity for Real Estate Manager. The position holder will report to the Head of Administration & Property and will be based at Head Office in Nairobi.
The role holder will be responsible for overseeing letting, rent collection, lease administration, property projects, maintenance, and overall upkeep of the properties.
- Assist in preparing budget for OPEX and CAPEX for approval by the Management.
- Supervise Building Supervisors stationed in Nairobi and Mombasa.
- Supervise Facilities coordinator, review contracts of the serviced providers
- Managing a portfolio of tenants during their tenancy.
- Marketing and leasing of Jubilee premises to potential tenants through lettings agents
- Facilitating the processing of Letters of Offer both new and renewals
- Facilitating collection of Rent and service charge
- Collaborating with Finance Department for timely invoicing and collection of rent and service charge.
- Liaising with Legal departments for lease facilitation, distress, and attending court for legal matters on tenancy as and when required.
- Screen prospective tenants and share findings and recommendations with the Letting Committee.
- Overseeing the outsourced Letting Agents and reporting on letting activities.
- Coordinating lease renewals and processing letters of offer and new leases.
- Monitoring and measuring tenant compliance to specified standards to ensure their operation within guidelines of their signed lease agreement obligations.
- Identifying and ensuring that OSHA standards are communicated to all tenants and implemented accordingly.
- Dissemination of information to the tenants on all operational matters.
- Collating tenant issues and recommend viable resolutions.
- Conducting pre and post vacancy inspections and end of lease procedures to maximize occupancy and minimize income lost through vacancies.
- Designing, conducting, evaluating and interpreting tenant satisfaction surveys.
- Customer focus
- Market awareness
- Leadership qualities
- Team spirit
- Ownership & commitment
- Entrepreneur spirit
- Capacity to conduct work, show initiative and produce reliable results
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Negotiation skills
- Procurement skills
- Inventory control
- Basic Accounting skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Land Economics, Real Estate or any other related field.
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- Diploma in Technical Education – Building, Mechanical, Civil or Electrical is an added advantage
- Graduate Member/Full Member of the Institution of Surveyors of Kenya
Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role, of which 2 years are in a supervisory level
How to Apply
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Position by 13th June 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.