Job Ref. No. JLIL098
- Advert -
Position: Head of Digital Factory
- Advert -
Employment Terms: Permanent and Pensionable
Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa. Jubilee Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest Composite insurer in East Africa, handling Life, Pensions, General and Medical Insurance. Today, Jubilee is the number one insurer in East Africa with over 450,000 clients. Jubilee Insurance has a network of offices in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Burundi, and Mauritius. It is the only ISO certified insurance group listed on the three East Africa stock exchanges – The Nairobi Securities Exchange (NSE), Dar es Salaam Stock Exchange and Uganda Securities Exchange. Its regional offices are highly rated on leadership, quality and risk management and have been awarded an AA- in Kenya and Uganda, and an A+ in Tanzania. For more information, visit www.JubileeInsurance.com.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for Head of Digital Factory within Jubilee Life Insurance Limited.
- Advert -
The position holder will report to the Group Chief Information Officer and will be based at the Head office in Nairobi.
- Advert -
Will oversee and be accountable for digital strategy, transformation, product development, learning and collaboration as well as support overall digital business operations. The successful candidate will play a key role in shaping the company’s digital direction to enable the capture and creation of value in a digital economy.
- Advert -
- Accountable for the development of digital business strategy, including research, technology horizon scanning, competitor analysis and digital thought leadership; including management of structural and technological transformation
- Consultancy and engagement with senior management to support digital aspects of internal audit and service review.
- Working with senior management to identify new opportunities for the use of digital technologies and stimulate new business growth by incorporating digital products and services.
- Championing, supporting, and incubating digital innovation and product development at all levels within the company.
- Building and maintaining links with relevant digital business partners and stakeholders outside of the organization.
- Liaising with Human Resources department to championing the development and Learning Management System (LMS), building a catalogue of e-courses and digital content, and facilitating opportunities for all employees to enhance their professional and digital skills.
- Work closely with the Group CIO to ensure that any digital solutions fit within the ICT architecture and strategy going forward and leverage on emerging technologies
Digital Projects Responsibilities
- Develop & manage a motivated team responsible for delivering high performance digital solutions
- Monitors overhead and capital expenses to ensure achievement of cost efficiency and acting to correct any adverse variances
- Contributes to overall profitability of Jubilee by monitoring all areas of expenditure and reporting on performance against variations for all digital projects
- Work with digital product delivery team to ensure products taken to market meet sponsor and end-consumer requirements
- Work closely with Business teams (as well as internal and external project partners where appropriate) to devise, develop and deliver appropriate technologies to optimize business operations.
- Determining challenging performance targets, deadlines and KPIs which are regularly monitored and delivered, making timely interventions to remedy any slippage in order to meet planned project outcomes.
- Ensure that any new digital innovations comply with various industry standards including Information Security, Data Protection
- Provide sponsors & stakeholders sufficient visibility of ongoing digital projects through timely status reporting & participation in project reviews & approvals
- Provide advice and support to project partners on how project evidence and information has to be presented and reported
- Contribute to improvements in project management processes and systems to optimize delivery of digital solutions
- Encourage knowledge transfer and lessons learnt activities within the project team and key stakeholders
- Advert -
- Contributing to the provision of high-quality digital support services
- Leading and managing staff resources to ensure performance improvement and development
- Determining challenging performance targets, deadlines and KPIs which are regularly monitored and delivered, making timely interventions to remedy any slippage to meet planned outcomes.
- Contributing to the development of strategy and policy as required and the delivery of digital strategic plan
- Managing financial and other resources and risks effectively as per the digital strategy
- Liaise with the digital projects team to create and optimize online portals
- Demonstrating a positive commitment to equalities and diversity, ensuring the team delivers against corporate standards, KPIs and values, valuing people’s differences and actively pursuing the corporate objectives.
- Liaise with the business development partners to coordinate business to business activity as required
- Provide guidance into the annual marketing strategy development process
- Keep abreast of current trends in digital marketing and related legislation and regulations
- Data collection, Data utilization, Data validation
- Research methodologies
- Intelligence Data Reporting and analytics competencies
- People management and leadership skills
- Scanning skills – to search for new ideas, trends and principles
- Manage digital projects
- Managing multiple campaigns simultaneously
- Advertising, digital and CRM knowledge and experience
- Meeting objectives and campaign deadlines
- Experience in a digital transformation role in-house or with an IT powerhouse
- Experience of building & leading digital teams with a diverse range of skills and competency levels.
- Experience of managing large and multiple projects across a range of digital channels.
- Experience of managing external suppliers to achieve business objectives
- Experience in a digital marketing role in-house or with an agency
- Experience in setting up and optimizing digital marketing tools
- Solid knowledge in project management standards & discipline
- Knowledge of data & digital analytics tools
- A relevant bachelor’s degree
- A recognized professional qualification in Project Management and/or Digital Marketing would be a distinct advantage
How to Apply
If you are qualified and seeking an exciting new challenge, please apply via Recruitment@jubileekenya.com quoting the Job Reference Number and Position by 7th November 2022
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted