- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 2 years
- Location Nairobi
- Job Field Media / Advertising / Branding
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Advert -
As a content writer, your duties are to research, write, and edit Christian content for publication on our website, through newsletter, and social media platforms, far and above that, your responsibilities will include:
- Advert -
- Develops and writes Christ-focused articles, and devotionals for our E-paper Familynews.Today.
- Performs copy editing and technical tasks including proofreading articles for grammar, punctuation, and style.
- Engages in conversations with church leaders regarding subscribing to Family Media e-newsletter, ensuring churches are well served through Familynews.Today content.
- Contributes to the accuracy and appropriateness of editorial content of our weekly Newsletter.
- Occasionally writes attributed content such as the Editor’s Note, and non-attributed content as needed.
- Develops monthly digital editorial calendar, maintain communication and relationships with clients, partners and staff.
- Writes and edits content for the website and social media platforms.
- Responds to reader’s requests, feedback and comments.
- Stays current with industry standards to assure quality improvement and innovative methods of design and production. Commit to excellence, process review and continuous learning.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Head of the Digital Department.
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Communication, Journalism or related field of study
- Strong commitment to the mission and vision of Family Media.
- 2 years editorial and writing in a publishing environment, preferable in a church or ministry
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in MS Office and Creative Suites, Google, and Adobe
- Good analytical skills.
Method of Application
Qualified and interested candidates should email a cover letter and CV to email@example.com with the job title “Journalist/Content Writer” as the email subject.