Human Resource Officer Job, Current HR Jobs In Kenya 2023,
- Advert -
IPOA/HR/12/2023; HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER, IPOA GRADE 6 (1 POSITION)- (CONSOLIDATED SALARY KES. 90,000-130,000)
- Advert -
|Job Title||Human Resource Officer|
|Corporation/Organization||Independent Policing Oversight Authority|
|Directorate||Office of the Chief Executive Officer|
|Section / Unit||N/A|
|Location / Work Station||The Headquarters|
|Reports to||Senior Human Resource Officer|
|Direct Reports||Human Resource Assistant|
|Indirect Reports||Interns and Volunteers|
To support in implementation of human resource strategies, plans, programmes, policies and procedures for compliance and improved employee engagement.
Key Responsibilities/ Duties / Tasks
- Advert -
Managerial / Supervisory Responsibilities
Coach and mentor Human Resource Assistant
- Advert -
II. Operational Responsibilities / Tasks
- Implement HR policies and procedures, rules and regulations;
- Prepare working documents to facilitate recruitment, appointments, promotions, placement/deployment, training and development, leave, disciplinary and staff welfare;
- Update of staff information on medical insurance and other staff welfare schemes;
- Conduct periodic staff awareness programs in areas such as medical, benefits and staff welfare
- Provide operational support in conduction of staff events including all staff meetings, team building and staff end year party
- Update data on annual performance appraisal/evaluation
- Update the Human Resource Information System database;
- Process salaries, allowances, gratuity and other benefits;
- Maintain updated staff leave inventory and roaster;
10) Provide HR administrative support to line functions;
- Advert -
11) Receive staff complaints and grievances;
12) Prepare training and evaluation reports;
- Advert -
13) Process staff training and capacity building initiatives;
14) Maintain departmental stationary inventory;
15) Implement staff welfare programs and activities;
16) Update staff establishments;
17) Review and update Departmental filling and documentation;
- Financial Responsibility
Process staff payroll.
- Responsibility for Physical Assets
Responsible for human resource physical assets (ICT, office furniture and equipment, Records, data, general employee information and confidential information).
III. Decision Making / Job Influence
- Working Conditions
Predominantly in an office setting with occasional field travel.
Job Competencies (Knowledge, Experience and Attributes / Skills).
- Bachelor’s degree in either of the following disciplines: Human Resource
Management/Development, Industrial Relations, Business Administration (Human Resource Option) or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution;
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences with a Higher Diploma in Human Resource Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution.
Professional Qualifications / Membership to professional bodies
- Completed Certified Human Resource Professionals Part I (CHRP I);
- Registered as associate member with Institute of Human Resource Management (IHRM);
- Certificate in computer application skills.
III. Previous relevant work experience required.
Served in the grade of Human Resource Assistant for a minimum period of two (2) years
Functional Skills, Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:
|Functional Skills:||Behavioral Competencies/Attributes:|
|1)||Supervisory Skills||1)||Transparency and accountability|
|2)||Organization and Planning Skills||2)||Ethics and Integrity|
|3)||Problem solving Skills||3)||Team player|
|4)||Dispute Resolution Skills||4)||Creativity and innovation|
|6)||Decision Making Skills||6)||Independence|
- Interpersonal Skills
- Communication Skills
- Negotiation Skills
10) Analytical Skills
How to apply:
Interested persons who meet the requirements should submit their application through Post Office, email or by hand delivery, clearly indicating the position and job reference number, on both the cover letter, envelope and email applications, together with IPOA Employment form, a detailed CV, copies of academic certificates, national identity card, names and telephone contacts of three referees, so as to reach the Authority by Tuesday, 14th March, 2023 to:
Director/Chief Executive Officer,
Independent Policing Oversight Authority,
1st Ngong Avenue, ACK Garden Annex, 2nd Floor,
P.O Box 23035 – 00100, NAIROBI.
Detailed job descriptions and specifications for the above positions are available in our website www.ipoa.go.ke/careers
Upon offer of employment, the successful candidate MUST present and satisfy the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya 2010 by providing copies of the following documents;
A valid tax Compliance Certificate from the Kenya Revenue Authority (KRA);
A valid Certificate of Good Conduct from the Directorate of Criminal Investigation (DCI);
A valid Clearance Certificate from the Higher Education Loans Board (HELB);
A valid Clearance Certificate from an approved Credit Reference Bureau (CRB)and
A Valid Clearance form from the Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission (EACC)
IPOA is an equal opportunity employer and shall not in its recruitment discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, ethnic origin, political affiliation, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, disability, health or social status. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
IPOA does not engage any recruitment agencies and no medical examination is required before one attends an interview. IPOA does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, shortlisting or interview).
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.